Mauser 8x57JS

jw83hunt

FNG
My Grandfather sporterized his 8mm Mauser 30yrs ago. Then I got the safety changed and a Timney trigger installed. I locked in on great rounds for it 3yrs ago for my first elk hunt. Nosler 200gr Partitions, shoot tacks! I've yet to find anything that shoots as well as these. Well, they quit making them. The 180Gr Nosler E-tips shot about as well as boomerangs.
First: Anyone have a great alternate recommendation that should provide similar results?
Second: I've got a helluva lot of brass that would look great w/ shells in it if anyone were intere$ted?
Anything helps!

Eleven

FNG
I had an 8mauser for a few decades. It was actually my first center fire rifle. I sporterized it a bit. It is why I got into reloading. There were no good factory loads around at all when I was shooting it. It’s actually a pretty easy round to load for, get some varget and a 150/200 grain bullet of your choice and rock on. I’ve killed a bunch of stuff with it. I eventually had to rebarrel it and its now a .308.

E-tip is a solid boat tail bullet, partition is a cup and core flat base bullet.

You might try other 180-200 grain flat base bullets from Sierra, Speer, ect… if you could find them.

I’m not sure I understand the “brass w/shells in them” comment.