Maven binos

Good news is the ZULU 9s now have a SIG MSRP of only $799 as of 2023 SIG factory prices for the 11x45s according to a rep at SIG USA handled my warranty I sent in who said that's what they were valued at as of SIG's 2023 catalog MSRP pricing sheet. No wonder they were selling for $500-$600 at Midway USA. While everyone else ripping customers off charging more than $799 MSRP for them. Then reseller on forums having a difficult time selling their new and used ones for $700.

I included a note along with my broken Zulu 9 11x45s to please replace it with at least a 12x if they couldn't repair them. But 8 days later received a brand new ZULU 10 10x50 as a replacement. I called them immediately to ask if I can pay the extra $50 difference in price between the 10x50s and 12x50s to exchange it for the 12x50s and was told I needed to pay them at least $700 plus return the 10x50s in order to upgrade to the 12x50s because according to their 2023 SIG price sheet that's the RETAIL PRICE difference between my Zulu 9 11x45s ($799) vs $1499 for the newest 12x50 Zulu 10s.

On eBay there's brand new ZULU 10 sellers who solicited me ridiculously cheap prices after I added then to my watchlist including one $900 12x50 and $1150 for 15x56. Imagine subtract 13% eBay seller fees how cheap they could actually sell them for.

On the brighter side, my ZULU 10 10x50 is currently the clearest sharpest 10x I currently own and clearer than my Kowa Genesis Prominar XD with fluorite glass. I even compared the new SIG to both of my Swarovski NL Pures in 8x42 and 12x42 and they're surprisingly close in optical crispiness and brightness believe it or not but the ZULU 10 POPS a lot more.

I'm waiting for a sale for $700 for the ZULU 10 12x50 and $800 for the 15x56 as a way cheaper alternative to Maven and Vortex Razor UHDs. I think the markups are obviously huge. Especially after noticing how cheap the SIG brand Abbe Koenig counterparts are selling for and whenever they go on really cheap sale at at Midway USA like they did before.
That is good news on the Zulu 10x50. Seems like there are deals out there for these just have to be patient.

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
The Maven b2 series is abbe konig prisms. I would bet their b2 9x45 is the same OEM base model as the sig zulu
If this is true then the ZULUs are way cheaper especially when they go on sale.
MSRP as of 2023 SIG pricing is $799 retail for the 11x45 ZULU 9s according to SIG USA customer service reps so the 9x45s should be even cheaper than that.

SIG Binoculars Warranty based on my first hand experience took a total of eight days turnaround with zero out of pocket shipping expenses just like Vortex but I highly doubt they'll match Vortex warranty against intentionally destroying them in order to get a brand spanking new replacement just to resell for the highest prices possible though.

I just can't understand why retailers and SIG dealers are currently still selling the Zulu 9s for way more than $799 current SIG USA MSRP full retail prices though.

The brand new Zulu 10 12x50s selling for as cheap as $900 and $1150 15x56 with free shipping brand new on eBay so the regular dealers outside of eBay should easily be able to sell them for 13% less than those eBay prices due to not having to pay eBay seller fees. I'd wait till Midway USA has a sale probably in the $700-$750-$800 price range would be my my best guess based on their prior ZULU 9 $500-$600 sale prices. Nobody else could even come close to their prices.

It MOST CERTAINLY MUST cost Maven WAY MORE $$$ for their Binoculars if they're way more expensive than SIGs selling for really cheaper through all the middleman dealers and reseller flippers eBay money makers since Maven is direct to consumer without ANY middleman markups SUPPOSEDLY...

If this is true then the ZULUs are way cheaper especially when they go on sale.
MSRP as of 2023 SIG pricing is $799 retail for the 11x45 ZULU 9s according to SIG USA customer service reps so the 9x45s should be even cheaper than that.

SIG Binoculars Warranty based on my first hand experience took a total of eight days turnaround with zero out of pocket shipping expenses just like Vortex but I highly doubt they'll match Vortex warranty against intentionally destroying them in order to get a brand spanking new replacement just to resell for the highest prices possible though.

I just can't understand why retailers and SIG dealers are currently still selling the Zulu 9s for way more than $799 current SIG USA MSRP full retail prices though.

The brand new Zulu 10 12x50s selling for as cheap as $900 and $1150 15x56 with free shipping brand new on eBay so the regular dealers outside of eBay should easily be able to sell them for 13% less than those eBay prices due to not having to pay eBay seller fees. I'd wait till Midway USA has a sale probably in the $700-$750-$800 price range would be my my best guess based on their prior ZULU 9 $500-$600 sale prices. Nobody else could even come close to their prices.

It MOST CERTAINLY MUST cost Maven WAY MORE $$$ for their Binoculars if they're way more expensive than SIGs selling for really cheaper through all the middleman dealers and reseller flippers eBay money makers since Maven is direct to consumer without ANY middleman markups SUPPOSEDLY...

Interesting. Tha ks for the info! I'll have to keep my eye out for a pair of those sigs so I can look through them. I'm very curious how they compare

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
Another thing is don't get to o hung up with Abbe Koenig prisms because even my entry level Chinese Leupold BX1 McKenzie 12x50s ($229 RETAIL) have them and they probably work even for this cheapie Chinese Leupold but didn't stand out how I expected since I specifically bought them due to their advertised Abbe Koenig prisms but in reality I have a lot of much (WAY) cheaper priced Schmidt Pecan Piccan? SP? Binoculars that are noticeably night and day clearer and sharper than this Leupold.

Another thing is don't get to o hung up with Abbe Koenig prisms because even my entry level Chinese Leupold BX1 McKenzie 12x50s ($229 RETAIL) have them and they probably work even for this cheapie Chinese Leupold but didn't stand out how I expected since I specifically bought them due to their advertised Abbe Koenig prisms but in reality I have a lot of much (WAY) cheaper priced Schmidt Pecan Piccan? SP? Binoculars that are noticeably night and day clearer and sharper than this Leupold.
If all components and material quality is equal an AK design will generally outperform an SP design in both light transmission and apparent resolution - that’s just simple physics. However, SP systems are preferred due their more compact design enables ever more compact yet high performing optics.