Maven RS1.2 Review (updated Jan. 21)

sndmn11

WKR
Updated 1/21/24

Maven RS1.2 Riflescope Review

There's been some good thread about Maven's RS1.2 that was released a few weeks ago, links below.

I'll have a review over to @robby denning before the New Year. I have some time scheduled this week to talk with those at Maven with answers and want to know what you'd like asked.

Post up your REASONABLE questions and I'll see what can we can learn.

So far:
-detailed reticle subtension
-design intention/goals
-role of Rokslide community in design goals
-trickle down implementation of internal changes to past models

Last edited:

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
From the other thread:

I’m quite interested as to what was changed and if there is a “formula” to look for in a scope for durability. Coil spring erector system as opposed to leaf? A certain epoxy system for the lenses?

TxLite

WKR
I’d be interested to hear what zero retention/tracking testing was done, if it differed from how they tested previous models, and if it will be their new standard moving forward.

prm

WKR
From post on other thread:

I just like to see reticles designed with intent. At some point a designer had to put cursor to screen and come up with design, so I wonder what was behind certain elements. With that in mind, this reticle has some curiosities. Perhaps described in owners manual?
1) the dropped line at 2.5 MIL windage?
2) the long line at 7.5(?) MIL?
3) why the lines at 5 MIL, already have the point where line expands in width
4) why 10 MIL lines?

I do like the reticle enough so not intending to bash it. Just honestly curious.

Dobermann

WKR
What is it with all these people posting basic questions this week that can be found with a simple search?

atmat

WKR
1) Would they be willing to drop the sub-tensions past 5mil, while also making the pitter stadium thicker (like the P3L)?

2) Any intentions to offer different mag ranges/ratios (i.e., 3-12x, 4-16x, 2.5-10x)?

3) Have they considered a fixed 6x?

Dobermann

WKR
1) Would they be willing to drop the sub-tensions past 5mil, while also making the pitter stadium thicker (like the P3L)?
I think Form had a post in the last couple of days about why .5 mil was ideal for a hunting reticle, specifically in relation to this one ...

atmat

WKR
I think Form had a post in the last couple of days about why .5 mil was ideal for a hunting reticle, specifically in relation to this one ...
I think you misread my question. I’m asking them to drop the subtensions PAST the 5mil mark (i.e., 7.5mil and 10mil). They contribute nothing while adding extra to the reticle.

I’m all for the 0.5mil subtensions.

Dobermann

WKR
I think you misread my question. I’m asking them to drop the subtensions PAST the 5mil mark (i.e., 7.5mil and 10mil). They contribute nothing while adding extra to the reticle.

I’m all for the 0.5mil subtensions.
You're right - I parsed your 'past' incorrectly. But that's in the past now, and we can get passed it.

Love all of your questions for Maven, BTW.

And a 3-12 would fill the hole in my heart now left from having listed my LRHS 3-12 for sale ... because of you! :)