May have found the one

Navaluk

FNG
Well done again. I like your choice of cartridge. I shot one in NV with a 270win and 130 gr Core-Lokt.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Very cool. I've shot everything from woodchucks to Yukon moose with my .270 and it has always worked well.

You have any photos of what that mount is going to look like? I have a Stone sheep as a wall pedestal and love it.

Liv2Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Great story and pics. DIY is tough on almost any hunt especially a goat hunt! Congrats!

AZ Vince

WKR
Congrats!
I loved following along via the Internet. I like your dedication and desire to be what I consider an ethical hunter that exemplifies the spirit of the backcountry hunter.

muleman

WKR
Ron --Solid work. You aren't kidding about the thick hide, along the spine I've seen 1/4" - 3/8" thick skin under all that hair.

Congrats!

JasonWi

WKR
Congrats on the great trophy and I really enjoyed your story. That EMR looked like it swallowed that load up with plenty of room to spare.

Great goat and write-up! Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed reading about the challenges, especially of going solo! The EMRII is a fantastic pack! I sure do love mine! Better to have all that capacity and not need it than need it and not have it!

OP
Rizzy

Rizzy

WKR
Not really, just what had came up on Google. Post up your stone sheep if you can, I'd like to see it.

Very cool. I've shot everything from woodchucks to Yukon moose with my .270 and it has always worked well.

You have any photos of what that mount is going to look like? I have a Stone sheep as a wall pedestal and love it.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Not really, just what had came up on Google. Post up your stone sheep if you can, I'd like to see it.

Start:

Finish:

I've got a better one somewhere since I've moved it to the man cave.

I'll google up mt goat wall pedestal mounts.

Post a pic here when it is done please!

as.ks.ak

WKR
I was going through reading goat stories, and I am extremely jealous of how accessible your country appeared! (No Devils club)

I'm also super curious what the mount ended up looking like????

Great hunt and congratulations on a successful solo adventure. Time in the backcountry solo is a completely different ball game than when doing it with a partner. Top job coming out safely. Chasing goats in their realm can get dicey real quick! Congrats again!!

Can't shoot 'em where they ain't.