Mendoza new book, anyone ordering?

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Phil has his own sub-forum on here but not sure how much he posts. The stuff he put on our Youtube channel is really good.

Really informative guy, wish I lived closer to him.

Anyway, he's got this out there for 99 cents (eBook only) Anyone read it? Good? Not so good?

Amazon.com: Shoot or Don't Shoot: Learn the Alpha Bowhunting Way, The Number One Bowhunting System To Help You Become A Top 10 Percenter eBook: Phil Mendoza: Books

Last edited:
Phil has his own sub-forum on here but not sure how much he posts. The stuff he put on our Youtube channel is really good.

Anyway, he's got this out there for 99 cents. Anyone read it? Good? Not so good?

attachment.php

Amazon.com: Shoot or Don't Shoot: Learn the Alpha Bowhunting Way, The Number One Bowhunting System To Help You Become A Top 10 Percenter eBook: Phil Mendoza: Books

I wish he lived closer too! Didn’t know about the book. I will definitely be picking it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WJS23

WKR
The first book was really good I’ll have to pick this one up as well.

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider

Anyway, he's got this out there for 99 cents (eBook only) Anyone read it? Good? Not so good?

attachment.php

I bought it this morning. Phil is an awesome guy and so far the book reminds me of his first one which was good. I will let y’all know what I think in a couple days.

bat-cave

WKR
For a $1 ... no brainer in my eyes. I watched the recorded version of his recent workshop and he had plenty of good tips sprinkled throughout and some things I want to try. I am guessing there will be some overlap with the book, but don't care as reinforcement never hurts! I'll take all the help I can get to be that much better!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I bought it this morning. Phil is an awesome guy and so far the book reminds me of his first one which was good. I will let y’all know what I think in a couple days.

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
It’s a good read. I really appreciate the methodical approach.

I agree. I’m on chapter 6 I think and I’m enjoying it. I would recommend it to anyone looking to improve their shooting.

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
Finished Phil’s book this morning. It’s a very informative book that’s packed full of great ideas to help make the archery person a better, more effective hunter. He introduces you to the Alpha rule of thirds and the Alpha DEA method and gives you advice on how you should sight your archery equipment in. He also encourages you to keep a shooting journal and then how you can apply that all into shot routines and go,no go shot opportunities on animals. I highly recommend that everyone except the very top 1% of successful archery hunters read this.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
You guys were right, I read it and am now using the system

I just put up a full review on the Rok Blog

e6f635b9af74183d8bfc137de9e0634c.jpg

A review on Mendoza's latest book: "Shoot or Don't Shoot"

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Would this be well suited for the traditional archer?

Well, I’m not traditional but I think the system would have plenty of application. Vital size, distance vs energy, animal position should all apply. I’ll defer to a traditional shooter whose read it though.

Does anyone know if it's available as an audio book? I have a very long commute and this would be a great book to listen to to pass the time.

NYSKIER

WKR
Just ordered it the other day saw him on here and started watching his videos really great stuff. I'm a fan of paperback over digital so I can't wait to get it in my hands. Really enjoyed his videos on his 1/3's principle

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Just ordered it the other day saw him on here and started watching his videos really great stuff. I'm a fan of paperback over digital so I can't wait to get it in my hands. Really enjoyed his videos on his 1/3's principle

Let us know what you think of the book.