Milestone Pig

DSC00886.jpgI've been torn as to whether or not to share this. today I decided it's a story worth telling. Please know that I am in no way bragging or thumping my chest. Just sharing something that I actually never thought much about or that it would even be possible for a blue collar guy with a full time job. My passion, perhaps affliction is bow hunting. one evening over dinner after the close of the 2011 hunting season my wife an I were discussing the failures and successes of my season. She made a statement that I initially shrugged off. She said "Love, hunting season never ends for you; you hunt all year and you kill a pile of animals. You should keep a log of your harvests". I thought about it for a few days and decided I would start keeping a count of every big game animal I took with my bow. I know he doesn't look like much and the picture is horrible, but that mangy lil black boar with the tattered ears is the 200th game animal that I have taken since Feb of 2012.201 & 202.jpg I shot him and his lil buddy after work Friday night then went on to kill 3 more pigs on Saturday. I owe great thanks to my Wife and a couple friends that have made it possible for me to have such great success. Bill from Big Sky Archery; put me on my 1st bow killed elk. a huge dream come true. he literally called him in to my lap, the bull was at 6ft when I drew. Thanks Man for everything, I owe you so much. Kevin Kruger, 1st for saving my life that horrible night last August. 2nd for always being there when I said; hey let's go huntin. Thank you!! In this process I have neglected my wife, my home and my Bass boat so I've decided to stop counting the animals I take. Slow down and fish a little more.... I wish everyone great success in all of your endeavors.. GO SHARKS!!!!
5-21 sow.jpg me & dot 2014.jpg

Attachments

• 2015 Bull small.jpg
    2015 Bull small.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 76