Milwaukee, WI Fishing Charter

MnWildFan

FNG
Anyone have experience charter fishing out of the greater Milwaukee, WI area? Looking to plan a trip later this summer.

Thanks all.

OP
M

MnWildFan

FNG
What kind of fishing are you wanting to do? How big is your group? I know a few different options depending mostly on the size of your party.
Thanks conroy. Group would be 6 max and species….probably salmon. However, less concerned wkth species given time frame is august To early September so whatever bites during that time of year.

Kindo

WKR
Head north to Sheboygan and go with Dumper Dan. My dad and I have done a bunch of trips with them and always had a great trip. Also, do yourself a favor and if its more than just you and charter the boat just for yourself and your group. Typically catch a nice mix of Kings and Cohos.

Thanks conroy. Group would be 6 max and species….probably salmon. However, less concerned wkth species given time frame is august To early September so whatever bites during that time of year.

It's been years since chartering, can't recommend one in particular, there's plenty of good ones from Racine Harbor to Port Washington and northwards.

Just a word on the 'whatever bites species', if you tell that to your captain, he'll probably take you out for lake trout (Lakers). They're big, easy to catch, and you'll be tempted to take a bunch home. The catch though, they're not very good eating fish. IMO those are... Only good if smoked.

The salmon are better, but not anywhere as good as ocean salmon, and again better smoked.

Conroy

WKR
In Milwaukee I would call Milwaukee Offshore Fishing or Blue Max. I have fished with both for trout and salmon. In Port Washington, which I prefer to leaving from Milwaukee, I have fished with Fish On and Hunt n Fish. I think they can all handle 6 people. If you had a small group (2-3), I would go with Eric Haataja. He fishes the Milwaukee Harbor areas and gets some nice ones. I have fished with him a few times. He costs as much as a 6 person trip though. Wherever you choose to leave from, you will have a good time. If the fish are hitting, it can be a busy day

Redjones

FNG
Make sure you do some research before you book,ask about what size boat you'll be in,is there water/snacks included,is there a first mate/more money for a tip but maybe able to be gifted his fish if you do really well,length of trip,who cleans fish,sometimes the charter does it included sometimes not,etc.
That time of year I would think Kings or Lake trout,good luck.

Greg