Minnesota swamp buck

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I was in 209 for the opening weekend and just got back home yesterday. Our group killed 8 deer. Very successful meat trip, and a couple dandy bucks. They aren't rutted up yet up North, way too warm and the bucks aren't desperate for does yet at all. I hunted in jeans and an orange t shirt two of the afternoon/evenings, crazy considering the last 3 years have ben sub zero with the wind chill.

With that cold front that came in and the snow on the ground I bet the big bucks will be on the move up there tomorrow and Saturday. Down into the teens and snowing is always promising.

farmerTom

FNG
I was in 209 for the opening weekend and just got back home yesterday. Our group killed 8 deer. Very successful meat trip, and a couple dandy bucks. They aren't rutted up yet up North, way too warm and the bucks aren't desperate for does yet at all. I hunted in jeans and an orange t shirt two of the afternoon/evenings, crazy considering the last 3 years have ben sub zero with the wind chill.

With that cold front that came in and the snow on the ground I bet the big bucks will be on the move up there tomorrow and Saturday. Down into the teens and snowing is always promising.
I grew up hunting in 209! Awesome zone. Been a lot of good bucks killed in our camp and surrounding area. Used to be lots of CRP and big woods. Mostly farmland now.