Model 70 Rokstok 'Commitment Poll'

What 'flavor' of Model 70 RokStok do you intend to order/preorder?

• 2 EA or more, Carbon Fiber (don't care about grip panels)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 EA or more, Wood/Walnut

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
This is intended to be a pulse check for Model 70 RokStok demand. I have no affiliation with UM or S2H...
I am lucky to already own and have shot with a Tikka RokStok though and accordingly want a SA M70 RokStok in carbon fiber ASAP, with the grip texture as advertised on the UM website.

I'm hoping enough customers A) want a M70 carbon rokstok this year/season, and as a bonus B) want the molded in texture panels, but you'll see in the poll there's options for 'wood' and for the proud multiple Model 70 owners an option for 'both' as well as 2EA or more stocks.
So, if you want a Model 70 RokStok, please vote your intent to purchase below. Poll is limited to single choice to prevent inflated counts.

Please only vote if you're seriously interested and intend to put your money where your mouth is kinda thing. Honor system. Assume the prices/features advertised on UM website hold true for the M70, based on 15 pre-orders achieved to kick things off into production mode with all features.

Trying to show the real demand backed by ready and willing buyers rather than go on a hope and a prayer that 14 others will pre-order a carbon fiber Model 70 RokStok after I do. Call it an attempt at grass roots expediting....

wowzers

Lil-Rokslider
It shows three votes but I’m not seeing any percentages. I voted for carbon with texture but if the grip can’t happen I can make do. The one I handled with texture I liked. Does action length need to be added to the choices?

OP
W

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
Form just confirmed in the M70 Rokstok thread, that SA and LA are same mold, so I'm hoping they only need 15 and not 30 pre-orders to get it going. Good thinking/question though!

wowzers

Lil-Rokslider
Copy, I must have missed that. Wonder why they have two options on the website vs just M70.

OP
W

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
Copy, I must have missed that. Wonder why they have two options on the website vs just M70.
I’m thinking it’s probably SKU management/organizing orders/less of each order communicated via ‘notes’… but I’m speculating there for sure.

For a EWSS carbon and grip for me on that gun (what I voted for). But a wood stock would be badass for a future build on that pre 64 that I don't even own yet :p. I don't really care carbon/wood I just want a M70 rokstock! I told UM that I would be #15 if they needed it. Once they are making them is there any reason they would stop production (for any of the stocks)? I have recently missed out on too much shit swfa 6, swfa 3-9s, rs1.2 (should acctully be restocked), not going to happen this time.

OP
W

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
13 votes for carbon M70 in the first 17 hours of the poll being open, 12 of which wanting texture. Very cool.

Looking forward to see how many trickle in over the weekend as I'm sure UM would be more comfortable in pressing the "GO" button when orders start coming in if this poll were near double the listed 15 votes, but of course putting down on an order is what counts.

That's if we assume a responsible/risk adverse (maybe slightly cynical) point of view, as a small and growing business might have, that some percentage of voters won't pony up the pre-order money anytime soon.
Not saying that's the case here (because as we all know, Model 70 shooters are honest people :cool: ) and we want RokStok.

OP
W

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
For the sake of record keeping:

There’s 15 carbon stocks in the first 24 hours of polling, 14 w/ textured grip.

Still keeping this open to see how high it will go, and please remember to vote with your dollars after you vote with your thumb/mouse.

Odd1out

Lil-Rokslider
Wheres the link to do this poll?

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

OP
W

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
Wanted to get this 'out there'... but rather than clutter up this thread, here's poll thread to try and organize/kick start the Model 70 RokStok pre-order/production train...

... yep, I'm one of those darn M70 fans, and my M70 is a 7mm too. Sure would like a RokStok for it though, so here's a try at drumming up more business for UM/Stocky's and to get the ball rolling. No tire kickers please.
Here it is in the RokStok thread, post #4757.
and...
Rather than clutter up this thread, here's poll thread to try and organize/kick start the Model 70 RokStok pre-order/production train...

here in the M70 RokStok thread, post #30.

Circular reference complete ha.

Hate to be that guy...but hard to commit to something I haven't seen/handled, when I'm still waiting for the same item for a Tikka. That said...I'm interested.

OP
W

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
Hate to be that guy...but hard to commit to something I haven't seen/handled, when I'm still waiting for the same item for a Tikka. That said...I'm interested.
I 100% agree/get it, it’s not like we all have to preorder tomorrow, Stockys/UM is busy as hell with current orders anyway. I got lucky/was one of first couple stocks ordered so have got shoot RokStok back to back with other nice stocks, hence my desire to at least get this organized in the meantime. Glad you’re interested though.
I used the commitment language just because we all look bad/waste each others time when there’s (example) 40 votes for carbon and only 10 actual orders at end of day.

wysongdog

WKR
If I make the leap to build a new 375 for Africa. I want both. Wood and carbon fiber. That way I’ll have the carbon for Alaska bears. And wood for Africa. Now to find a m70 375 h&h that needs a remodel lol.

OP
W

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
Update summary: so far up to 22 carbon stock votes, 19 w/ texture grip, 3 grip agnostic

OP
W

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
If I make the leap to build a new 375 for Africa. I want both. Wood and carbon fiber. That way I’ll have the carbon for Alaska bears. And wood for Africa. Now to find a m70 375 h&h that needs a remodel lol.
Came back just to say I love this idea. The combo of new high tech stock design with the classic/nostalgic Model 70 and 375 H&H is just cool to me. I love Tikkas and Sakos, but I will always have a soft spot and regularly shoot/hunt with CRF actions too. Maybe someday I can do something similar (or go the DIY route) for my Kimber Talkeetna 375.

wysongdog

WKR
Came back just to say I love this idea. The combo of new high tech stock design with the classic/nostalgic Model 70 and 375 H&H is just cool to me. I love Tikkas and Sakos, but I will always have a soft spot and regularly shoot/hunt with CRF actions too. Maybe someday I can do something similar (or go the DIY route) for my Kimber Talkeetna 375.
Yeah I think it’ll be super cool project.

OP
W

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
Quick Update: We're up to a minimum of 23 votes for carbon with grip texture out of total minimum of 26 carbon stock votes. (only counting 2 ea of the '2 ea or more' votes)

I see on UM's website this lead time notice (which in the big picture I think is good for UM/Stocky's and RokStok proliferation and transparent 'expectation setting' with customers):
1716591812113.png

Curious if any voter's have an increased sense of urgency now to place a pre-order to maybe get your M70 a new RokStok in time for late rifle season or Christmas?

wowzers

Lil-Rokslider
Still planning on grabbing mine next month. I’m still gathering parts and deciding exactly what I’m going to do with it. Pretty much figured it isn’t coming together before their year’s season so I’m muzzle loader hunting again.