Mono Recovery

BKhunter

WKR
Well what I thought was the flu turned out to be Mono. I'm hitting the three week mark and i'm still exhausted and weak. I was wondering if anyone here has had this before and what was your recovery time. I can even pull back my bow thats how little energy I have. I would love to get back into the gym but don't want to push it until I feel I have my energy levels back.

BK

And I thought this was going to be about digging a TTSX outta a dead elk.....

IMG_1311.jpg

Agross

WKR
Don't push it. Rest ,rest and more rest. I was only 17 when I had it and I was completely wiped out. Felt like all I did was sleep for two weeks. I wasn't back to normal for about two months. Even when the doctor cleared me to get back to sports I felt weak and tired

Steepandeep1

Lil-Rokslider
I had mono 4 years ago, the doctor told me I would be on bed rest and basically outta work for a couple weeks minimum. ( I managed a workover rig company at the time so this wasn’t an option ) As ridiculous as it sounds, my wife had me cured up and back working in under a week using nothing but essential oils ( I can guess your knee jerk reaction, as I felt the same way). No joke though, with constant heavy dosing of their onguard, oregano, lemon, melaleuca, frankensense, in dissolvable capsules and I was good to go.

Shrek

WKR
I had it when I was 16 and I was out of school for three weeks and wasn’t 100% for a couple months. Also , it causes your spleen to swell so it’s vulnerable to rupture. No tackle football or anything else violent for a couple of months after you’re feeling better. I nearly died !

2ski

WKR
That'll teach you to make out with high school girls.....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Gobspur

FNG
2005. 3 weeks in bed, about 6 to feeling normal again. Only time in my life I wanted to die....

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Mono sucks. I had it at 18. I lost 27lbs, I had no energy to eat. I slept 20 hours a day for 3 weeks. I would walk up a flight of stairs and be so weak that I would have to crawl to my room. It took me 2 months to get back to feeling half way normal.

isu22andy

WKR
I had it for about 3-4 weeks my senior year of college, sore throat was the worst pain ive ever had, wouldnt even drink water hurt so bad. Came back out of it pretty quick though. Binge watched all of Band of Brothers and The Pacific.

I some how got it at the ripe age of 10. No lie. They knew I was swinging heavy way back then...

I got it early summer and was pretty much toast until school started back. No energy at all. It sucked terribly not being able to do all the fun stuff during summer break.

I’d rest up OP. Eat like it’s going out of style during the holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wiscohunter

Lil-Rokslider
I had it in College, so you can catch it from making out with college girls too. Anyway about 3 weeks until I felt okay again and was able to go to school, work etc.; but I wasn't 100% for about 2 months. Good luck and hopefully you recover quickly.

trslabaugh

Lil-Rokslider
Sucks man! I'm currently fighting some "viral" fever that comes back negative on every test my doctor does. Today is day 23, scheduled to do a January rut muley hunt.... I'm quickly coming to the reality that it isn't going to happen. There is no way I'm going to have the energy to go hiking through the desert.

Hope you get well soon too!

2ski

WKR
I had it in College, so you can catch it from making out with college girls too. Anyway about 3 weeks until I felt okay again and was able to go to school, work etc.; but I wasn't 100% for about 2 months. Good luck and hopefully you recover quickly.
Was this college girl your wife? Is so I would be holding that over her forever...

If not....then she should be holding that over you....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk