Montana Antelope

H280

FNG
I have 3 points in Montana for antelope and don’t know what I should do. Are the herds in sw Montana doing okay after last winter? Or would it be better to just keep buying points instead of trying my luck in the draw for 2024?

We saw decent numbers in the eastern part of the state. I don’t know the actual numbers, just my observations. The numbers have been down in the west the last few years and last winter certainly didn’t help. There is certainly some opportunity and so far this winter has been overall mild so hopefully that gives them a little bit of a break.

Bead

FNG
SW part of the state had very low numbers from what I saw last year compared to 2022. Winter has been mild for the most part this year, hoping for a recovery and some better numbers for 2024

Luis

FNG
Last year I saw several groups of does without a single buck in eastern MT. It took a lot of driving and glassing to find a buck. After 4 days, I saw a 12 inch buck, the other three bucks I saw were much smaller. I don't hunt private land, maybe there were some on private ground.

mainman38

FNG
I have 3 points in Montana for antelope and don’t know what I should do. Are the herds in sw Montana doing okay after last winter? Or would it be better to just keep buying points instead of trying my luck in the draw for 2024?
Saw plenty of antelope this November with some decent bucks

Article 4

WKR
They are out there for sure, the biologist survey should be out soon...always good to watch for their report.
Was a pretty mild winter this year, relatively. Numbers should be good