Montrose, CO Training Hikes

dlee56

WKR
I moved to Montrose last summer and I’m looking for a nice spot l close to town to do training hikes. Anyone from the area, familiar?
I’d love to find something less than 30min away, if it’s further than that I might just stick to the stair master at golds, for time sake.

gbflyer

WKR
I moved to Montrose last summer and I’m looking for a nice spot l close to town to do training hikes. Anyone from the area, familiar?
I’d love to find something less than 30min away, if it’s further than that I might just stick to the stair master at golds, for time sake.

That Electric Hills area looks pretty cool. Isn’t too far up Hwy 90

Phaseolus

WKR
Black Canyon of the Gunnison is within 30 minutes and has several knuckle dragging training hikes into the canyon. Try Gunnison Point route from the visitors center, it’s a butt kicker.

wildcat33

WKR
Try some of the stuff out by Peach Valley. Red rocks, sunset rocks, etc. I havent hiked them but moto out there and its nice country.