Moose or Elk

Quandary

FNG
I have hunted Elk for many years in Colorado and Moose in New Foundland for the first time two years ago. In Colorado our group goes on an acquaintances land were it is OTC for Elk tags and draw for Mule Deer. Whenever you draw a Muley tag you shoot one. Elk are about 50/50. It is very fun. I have never hunted Elk with a guide. Flying in to a remote lake and Moose hunting is a fantastic experience. My son and I are going again this Friday. I will also be Elk hunting with a guide in Wyoming in 2024. The area requires 2 points. We acquired 1 last year and 1 this year. The point here is that Elk hunting in a quality area will require more planning with a guide or more money or both. Elk hunting is also more expensive than Newfoundland moose hunting. However given that you have not gone Elk hunting I would highly recommend that you choose Elk hunting

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
Would you rather go on a Nwefoundland guided moose hunt or a guided elk hunt? Thinking its one or the other for 2025. I have been on 2 moose hunts and loved every minute. Never been on a elk Hunt. Being a older hunter With hip and back surgery I am a little concerned about the elk. I am sure if thats what is decided I would be in the best shape possible. What would you do and why?
Lots of outfitters offer easier physical bull hunts just gotta find em. I would go elk. It's a blast.