Mountain Athlete backcountry hunt program

Floorguy

WKR
Has anyone tried their 8 week program? What did you think about it? I am looking for something with minimal equipment. A pack, sandbags and a couple dumbells and a foam roller are all that's required.

Poser

WKR
I've taken a look at it. It is a good program. Their pre Afghanistan deployment program would also work just as well for a hunter and uses minimal equipment. -a sandbag and pair of dumbbells

OP
Floorguy

Floorguy

WKR
Ok so I ordered it a week and a half ago and have been looking at it since then, trying to figure out what I had just spent my money on. Today was my first day doing it. The plan definitely dives right in. There is an expected fitness level you should be at before you start, I am not there. I plan on doing all 8 weeks I might deviate a little. Instead of running I will be at least doubling the distance and biking it. I figure the amount of leg work out there is 8 weeks should have me finishing right in time for a 20 mile race in Anchorage Jan 2.

good2eat

Lil-Rokslider
Good workout, did it leading up to the archery season this year. Fitness level, or lack thereof, had -0- impact and I went any and everywhere I wanted to without concern. Probably the best shape I've been since I was in my early 20s (52 now).