Mountain House 25-serving Creamed Beef 50% off

tclipse

Lil-Rokslider
You probably know this but these packages have a much shorter shelf life than regular mountain house meals. Military packs only require a 3 year shelf life. Probably does not matter to most of us but it's not an item to buy and put in the basement for a long term rainy day plan.
MH quotes a 10-year shelf life on this on the product page.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
I tried a small portion yesterday. It was good, but I thought it could have used a bit of seasoning. It wasn't really how I thought it was going to be either. The meat is more like crumbled hamburger.

And I would agree with the above. Not bad at all......just needs a bit of kick.

Randy

Just ordered 10.
I’m not a preper but i think everyone should have enough for 60 days of staying in.Longer than that than we have a lot bigger issues.
I’m only keeping a few item my wife and girls would eat.
Water,peanut butter,oats & rice.This gravy would work on top of either of those.
With the election and typical bullshit going on now days I think it would be wise.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
So I portioned some of what I bought for testing purposes initially. I put enough of the powdered substance to just add a cup of water in each sealed pouch. After about a half dozen or so now, these are not too bad and the portion is perfect for 1 person. For my test run this morning, I added a bit of salt, maybe 8 or so cranks of pepper and a few pinches of sage and poured it over a biscuit, ala biscuits and gravy. Pretty tasty. I also have modified the instructions to simmer it for 5 minutes or so after coming to a boil. That seems to get the meat rehydrated much better. I am going to consume a lot of this during hunting season this fall.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
So I portioned some of what I bought for testing purposes initially. I put enough of the powdered substance to just add a cup of water in each sealed pouch. After about a half dozen or so now, these are not too bad and the portion is perfect for 1 person. For my test run this morning, I added a bit of salt, maybe 8 or so cranks of pepper and a few pinches of sage and poured it over a biscuit, ala biscuits and gravy. Pretty tasty. I also have modified the instructions to simmer it for 5 minutes or so after coming to a boil. That seems to get the meat rehydrated much better. I am going to consume a lot of this during hunting season this fall.
Thanks for this @NRA4LIFE. Good info.

Eddie

schwag

FNG
The best part about that stuff if you do need to eat it during a disaster, it will back you up for a week so you won't need to hoard any toilet paper.