Mounting a Nightforce SHV 3-10 to T3X

Probably a dumb question but I need to ask.

I have a Nightforce SHV 3-10x42mm in my cart right now. One review mentioned trouble mounting to a LA rifle. Would I have trouble mounting this to a T3X? Haven't bought rings, so I'm open to ideas. Just want to feel confident before I hit the buy button.

Thx

At the risk of sounding boring, my NXS compact is sitting on my tikka 6.5 in a set of sportsmatch rings.

by contrast, I have a mountain tactical rail on my tikka 300 WM and either NF or Seekins rings on it. It wears an nx8 4-20. that setup adds a couple of ounces but gives me more options for ring spacing / placement and a slight bit more perceived comfort relating to magnum recoil and a heavier scope.

Having seen the sportsmatch rings, if I were setting up the magnum today, it would have sports match or more likely a set of those UM tikka rings.

OP
Rusty Shackelford
At the risk of sounding boring, my NXS compact is sitting on my tikka 6.5 in a set of sportsmatch rings.

by contrast, I have a mountain tactical rail on my tikka 300 WM and either NF or Seekins rings on it. It wears an nx8 4-20. that setup adds a couple of ounces but gives me more options for ring spacing / placement and a slight bit more perceived comfort relating to magnum recoil and a heavier scope.

Having seen the sportsmatch rings, if I were setting up the magnum today, it would have sports match or more likely a set of those UM tikka rings.

Much appreciated. I already have a rail on the rifle, it's mounted with a loaner scope at the moment. I'll likely leave the rail on it and find rings to fit.

eightyeight mag

Lil-Rokslider
Seekins rings with either an Area 419, mountain tactical, or murphy precision rail are my go to for scoping tikkas.
Never had a "failure" with any of these setups ranging from 7-08 to 338 win mag.
Failures with rails happen when no recoil lug is used.

OP
Rusty Shackelford
OP
Rusty Shackelford

These seem ridiculously inexpensive, any reason why I shouldn't use these if I want to keep the rail on? I also have a kydex comb riser on the gun, I've needed one on every rifle I've had probably cause of my instagram model high cheek bones.

maybe I'm overthinking this, I've been up since 4 and had a lot of coffee today.

sndmn11

WKR
I guess I don't know why I'd leave the rail on it, maybe cause I already spent the money on it. So I'm open to these suggestions and I'll give them a hard look. Thanks.

I prefer a rail and rings. Mount your scope in the rings one time and you can use it on any rifle, you can trouble shoot a potentially faulty scope in less than a minute, multiple rifles can use one scope, multiple scopes can be set up on one rifle, etc.

3oz is your penalty.