MSR Mutha Hubba NX Reviews

Been doing research on getting a new tent this season. most of my trips have been 2-3 night trips but I am looking to move into the 4-6 night backpacking trips. From what I have researched this tent checks most of the boxes. Its not the lightest but the materials are a little heavier than . the Cooper Spur which I like. Sharing the tent with a couple kids I am not sure the Cooper Spur will hold up with the lighter material.

The biggest question I have from people that have used this tent is the fly and how it touches the tent and can causing leaking. Most of the reviews have been great from this tent but I have ran across a few about the leaking so I wanted to double check.

I am pretty sure this tent is what I am looking for but I do have the option if needed to wait another year and pick up a Hilleberg Nallo 3 GT. I really like the looks of this tent but not sure if the weight and price are necessary for the type of hunting I am going to be doing

Thanks

I’ve waited out a few storms in mine and always stayed dry. Mine is for sale in the classifieds only because I’m wanting a light 1 man tent and don’t use it enough. They’re solid tents

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
After getting absolutely soaked for a week in my old tent last year, I decided to get a hillleberg. Most of my hunting is setting up a base camp and hunting out of it so having a bombproof shelter was worth it to me, sure I gained 3lbs or tent but I dropped 1.5 with my new sleeping bag. 1.5lbs is with it for me to ever worry about my tent.

Mar stuff is nice though, nothing wrong with it but the nallo 3 is a good tent too.

OP
M
Kids are little. 12 and under but really, really small kids. They won’t take up much room.
Still thinking on picking it up just been busy this weekend
Thanks

KHntr

Lil-Rokslider
Easy way to think of it, is that the footprint of the Hubba Hubba is slightly smaller than a double mattress in width. Factor in some walls that have a slight slope to them, and you have a grasp of what will be workable for you and your kids.

Personally, unless my kids got along REALLY well, I’d not want to share that small of a space with them where it could be raining or slightly uncomfortable conditions, but thats just me.

KHntr

Lil-Rokslider
That said, I used my original hubba Hubba until it wasn’t water proof anymore, and replaced it with a Hubba Hubba NX because it worked well for my particular application.
And it will be headed out with me late this summer for sheep season, but it won’t be the primary shelter.