MTN OPS down jacket

t_carlson

WKR
I received my order yesterday.

The fleece is a little lighter than the older one I have, and maybe cut a little tighter. Not a problem, but just letting everyone know they have modified them a bit from previous versions.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Grid fleece hoodie seems really nice but man are the arms small. I ordered a large and need an xl it would appear.

jfk69

Lil-Rokslider
I received the two grid fleece hoodies I ordered today. I was really nervous, debating between XL and 2XL. As my post above stated, I’m 201-205 and 6’4”. I ordered the XL and am very happy. I put them on over some BlackOvis 200 Tuscarora tops and still felt roomy enough in them. More importantly, I was super happy with the sleeve length to accommodate my gorilla arms, not to mention the thumb loops on the hoodies. Overall, these were a score in my book, and an awesome layer for heavy weather or as a top in mid season. I’m not a rich guy so happy to add these to my kit.

Last edited:
I’m 6’ 215 (and dropping)
Order xl grid fleece x4
Thought it was snug, and it is a little but it’s a very nice layer.
When I get to about 205, xl will be a perfect fit.

Last edited:

HouseCL

FNG
Just got mine today. Appears high quality and thoughtfully designed. I do have some concern about the durability of the stitching but time will tell. I’ll echo what others have said - the fit is snug, especially around the forearms. I’m 6’, 195 lbs not jacked at all but the sleeves are essentially skin tight around the forearms (bought size Large). It would be uncomfortable to fit any sort of long sleeve baselayer under this. My plan is to wear it as a mid layer for early season archery over a T-shirt base layer. If you are really wanting to use this as a midlayer over a sleeved base layer, you should probably size up from your normal size IMO

fatlander

WKR
5’10” 190# 31” waist and the L fits me well. It’s definitely an athletic fit, akin to KUIU in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Took the grid fleece for a good test today.
Started out warmish, then a storm blew in with dropping temps and snow.
4.5 mile off trail loop.
Definitely mitigated sweat well, and when temps dropped I was thoroughly impressed with the warmth the garment supplied.
Very insulating, and shed the snow well.
Also liked the hood, totally sealed up from the wind and snow.

6’ 215
The only thing I don’t like is how tight the forearm and wrist areas are, but that’s a total minor gripe.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Anybody size up that’s normally a large, into an xl? The large fit everywhere but the arms, skin tight. I’m considering exchanging for an xl but worried my torso will be swimming. 6 feet 185, slender/athletic build.

ckleeves

WKR
The XL fits slightly tighter than most large’s from other companies in the arms. It’s the smallest XL I have ever seen. The torso would fit me ok (34” waist”) but the length would make a plumber blush. The sleeves are crazy tight and it’s not like I have massive guns. I guess I needed a 2xl which is a first.

Ucsdryder

WKR
The XL fits slightly tighter than most large’s from other companies in the arms. It’s the smallest XL I have ever seen. The torso would fit me ok (34” waist”) but the length would make a plumber blush. The sleeves are crazy tight and it’s not like I have massive guns. I guess I needed a 2xl which is a first.
Are you normally a large or xl?

Anybody size up that’s normally a large, into an xl? The large fit everywhere but the arms, skin tight. I’m considering exchanging for an xl but worried my torso will be swimming. 6 feet 185, slender/athletic build.
I’m a L/XL depending on the company. 5’10” 210 athletic and the XL is a good fit. I think it will fit you fine.

The arms of the hoodie are stupid tight, but it’s only noticeable to me when putting on or taking off.
When wearing it’s comfortable, at least to me.