Muley Freak poaching case plea deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
A certain sponsor of this site will not respond to emails asking for clarification as to why they support (multiple time) wildlife offenders. To sell their brander gear is to support them, there is no changing my mind. I will never spend another cent at *redacted*.com and am actually upset about it as I always has excellent customer service over there, they had good prices and did a good job of keeping gear in stock. HOWEVER, there are plenty of other places to find the same gear, for the same prices, with the same level of customer service. Honestly the only way we can make a real difference is inform our fellow sportsman about these types of companies, and implore them to verify the websites they order from share the same ethical values as we do. To be super duper clear, I am not piling on someone who made one mistake and was caught in the trap of #1badfishcop. Habitual offenders get no sympathy from me.

Rich M

WKR
Nope. Eastmans is pimping Muley Freak on their Instagram as we speak. All these companies and influencers band together to make as much money as possible no matter what the outcome is for us everyday hunters. That's all they care about is the $$$$.
MF likely has a contract good for x years.

Last edited:

87TT

WKR
A certain sponsor of this site will not respond to emails asking for clarification as to why they support (multiple time) wildlife offenders. To sell their brander gear is to support them, there is no changing my mind. I will never spend another cent at *redacted*.com and am actually upset about it as I always has excellent customer service over there, they had good prices and did a good job of keeping gear in stock. HOWEVER, there are plenty of other places to find the same gear, for the same prices, with the same level of customer service. Honestly the only way we can make a real difference is inform our fellow sportsman about these types of companies, and implore them to verify the websites they order from share the same ethical values as we do. To be super duper clear, I am not piling on someone who made one mistake and was caught in the trap of #1badfishcop. Habitual offenders get no sympathy from me.
The lack of response speaks volumes to their ethics to me.

IdahoBeav

WKR
This sounds like cancel culture.

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
This sounds like cancel culture.
At first glance, it absolutely does. However, I think that the difference here is a pattern of convicted wildlife offenses. In my mind cancel culture is boycotting a certain brand/person/etc. for something they said/think/do that is contrary to my own personal views. It is not my personal view that it is illegal to trespass while in pursuit of, and then taking game while trespassing. As I said before if this was a single incident, I would not have much of an opinion at all, beyond I probably wouldn't watch their content on the internet.

IdahoBeav

WKR
At first glance, it absolutely does. However, I think that the difference here is a pattern of convicted wildlife offenses. In my mind cancel culture is boycotting a certain brand/person/etc. for something they said/think/do that is contrary to my own personal views. It is not my personal view that it is illegal to trespass while in pursuit of, and then taking game while trespassing. As I said before if this was a single incident, I would not have much of an opinion at all, beyond I probably wouldn't watch their content on the internet.
But you are taking the continued endorsement deal as a means of the company condoning the indiscretion, which is almost certainly not the case. If the poaching were part of a marketing campaign, it would be different. I don't like MFs content and certainly don't support poaching, but it is problematic when we assume that association with an individual is automatically an approval of all behavior by the individual. MF isn't a victim that deserves any sympathy, but the culture of boycotting and demanding action by the employer because of some activity by the employee has become ridiculous these days. It's better not to play part in any of it IMO.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Lock!

Why? Because here we go again ^. (And if not on this thread, pick from too many to count.)

Thread won’t be deleted so anyone who wants to know can, but we’ve been around this enough already.

Status
Not open for further replies.