Muley Freak poaching case plea deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
It’s purely out of desperation for likes/money/fame. Since the consequences don’t add up to much he and others will keep doing it. Something needs to change in the courts.
But how do we enact change?
Thats the part I can't figure out

Billogna

Lil-Rokslider
Can the courts punishment be called into question publicly? Research average sentence for equal offence by Joe Schmoe and see if he or any other influencers sentence is within the same range of sanction? Just spitballing here...

edit for clarity

Flyjunky

WKR
Can a ballot measure with stiffer penalties for poaching be enacted? It's not often a group would push to have harsher penalties for those within their "group". I'd think that would be a favorable look for hunters.

TVW

Lil-Rokslider

It'd be great if the social media companies would just ban all hunting photos/content. But...something tells me they are smart enough to know that if they let folks keep posting hunting content that hunters will be their own worst enemy.

I’ve really tried to give the benefit of the doubt when these things pop up. I know that sometimes shit happens and unintentional mistakes happen.

But this guy does not deserve any benefit of the doubt. He is an habitual offender and evidently willing to go to any length for content and kudos.

So as I see it, we are at that crossroads again. Will this be just another passing Rokslide thread where everyone forgets his crimes tomorrow or will people vote him out with their wallets and views? Seems there is no incentive for him to stop when his partners allow his behavior and people still spend money on his merch and watch his videos.

I hope we don’t end up with just another thread next year with links to this one embedded while he continues to cash checks.

aron

WKR
Probably not a whole lot we can do except bombard his sponsors with how we do not agree with his ethics and the bad name it gives to all of us other honest hunters ann we are not in support of it.

Repeat offender with minimal backlash only promotes to keep pushing the envelope. It's like getting a speeding ticket in my state of ND. It costs a whopping $20 for going something like 15 mph over the limit. It's too cheap to not speed.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
DAs and Judges are elected positions correct? There would be the only way I can think of to push for stricter enforcement/punishment. You would have to get a DA that isnt willing to plea things down. Then you would need a judge that is willing to throw the book at them.

Like has been posted, as long as the punishment is less than the gain, people wont stop. Its like the pharmaceutical company that produced the med that ended up killing people. They made 12 billion on it and got fined 5 billion. They fully new they would get sued eventually but they still netted 7 billion. The fines just get chalked up to a business expense.

At this point, the best thing you can do is stop watching their videos and stop buying products from companies that sponsor them.

Last edited:

TWHrunner

Lil-Rokslider
The way to stop this shit right now is to somehow get rid of "influencers", youtube hunters, social media bullshit. Period. If these douchebags don't have anyone to impress, or make a living off of, it would end immediately!
The douchebags are impressing other douchebags. It’s a world of douch3bags….. hahahah. Brutal.

Rich M

WKR
So, who watches MF and who buys from his sponsors? I don’t do either.

Only purchased s few things over the years. but stopped the black ovis and camofire stuff.

We get big on no China, gotta include no MF too and bomars and…and…and

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Probably not a whole lot we can do except bombard his sponsors with how we do not agree with his ethics and the bad name it gives to all of us other honest hunters ann we are not in support of it.

Repeat offender with minimal backlash only promotes to keep pushing the envelope. It's like getting a speeding ticket in my state of ND. It costs a whopping $20 for going something like 15 mph over the limit. It's too cheap to not speed.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
That doesn't seem to work either, I personally tried that tactic as have others with brands that carry his merchandise and his sponsors and they either ignore it or don't care enough to reply.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
So, who watches MF and who buys from his sponsors? I don’t do either.

Only purchased s few things over the years. but stopped the black ovis and camofire stuff.

We get big on no China, gotta include no MF too and bomars and…and…and
I tend to think that the majority of his viewership and subscribers have no idea about the unethical stuff and court case. I think most of them are either new hunters, tik tok brain kids, or wanna be influencers.

I think the reason the majority of the people in this thread are advocating for less social media hunting influencers, is because we are die hard hunters who think about this stuff on a daily basis.

Maybe Its the echo chamber thing, because if everyone felt how we do, this kinda stuff wouldn't exist.

Rich M

WKR
I tend to think that the majority of his viewership and subscribers have no idea about the unethical stuff and court case. I think most of them are either new hunters, tik tok brain kids, or wanna be influencers.

I think the reason the majority of the people in this thread are advocating for less social media hunting influencers, is because we are die hard hunters who think about this stuff on a daily basis.

Maybe Its the echo chamber thing, because if everyone felt how we do, this kinda stuff wouldn't exist.
I agree.

I also think many folks dont really care. They need someone to follow and they are gonna buy xyz, even if it supports poacherz.

Reactions: WKR

sneaky

"DADDY"
Didn’t sound like it. You’ll have to look up on HuntTalk, they’ve been following it pretty closely. Possible felony case still open but I’m not sure if that’s totally accurate or if the court system hasn’t updated the case online yet.
Two types of trespassing. Type 18, and type 36. 18 is the misdemeanor type, 36 is the felony type. He got the type 18. No automatic license suspension.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Are the companies that support and do business with him going to cut ties and stop? Or will they sweep it under the rug?

Thats my biggest question, since apparently the Justice system don't give a crap

TVW

Lil-Rokslider
Are the companies that support and do business with him going to cut ties and stop? Or will they sweep it under the rug?

Thats my biggest question, since apparently the Justice system don't give a crap

Who are they? I don't even want to search up his social media to find out.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Who are they? I don't even want to search up his social media to find out.

Kryptek, black ovis, and camofire are a few

Edit: im not sure if Kryptek is still sponsoring them.

black ovis sells his merchandise and makes product review videos for his stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.