Muley Freak poaching case plea deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the companies that support and do business with him going to cut ties and stop? Or will they sweep it under the rug?

Thats my biggest question, since apparently the Justice system don't give a crap

In the past they haven't cared to respond, so I think you have their answer.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
In the past they haven't cared to respond, so I think you have their answer.
I was thinking maybe now that the judgement was out that they would have a stance on the matter.

I was thinking maybe now that the judgement was out that they would have a stance on the matter.

Doubtful.

I'm pretty certain I asked at the last conviction, but would need to look.

$ talks, unfortunately these "influencer's" sell product. I don't spend a pile of money on hunting stuff anymore, already have it. It's the new and impressionable that spend the money.

CorbLand

WKR
Why do companies sponsor him,is he something special?
Because he still brings in money for the company. As long as consumers dont care, the company wont care.

You have to get consumers to care to stop businesses from caring. I dont agree with that, as I think businesses need to act as consumers, but that is what needs to happen.

There have been a few that dropped him and they should be supported. Ironically, one of those gets blamed for a lot of things that are happening as far as draw odds.

Musky

Lil-Rokslider
DAs and Judges are elected positions correct? There would be the only way I can think of to push for stricter enforcement/punishment. You would have to get a DA that isnt willing to plea things down. Then you would need a judge that is willing to throw the book at them.

Like has been posted, as long as the punishment is less than the gain, people wont stop. Its like the pharmaceutical company that produced the med that ended up killing people. They made 12 billion on it and got fined 5 billion. They fully new they would get sued eventually but they still netted 7 billion. The fines just get chalked up to a business expense.

At this point, the best thing you can do is stop watching their videos and stop buying products from companies that sponsor them.
Agreed. But good luck trying to find a DA that isn't pressured to reduce the work load on the legal system and get results. 2 birds with 1 stone via the plea deals.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, and the only reason this one hasn't is seems to have stayed factual and civil. But if it turns into another AVB thread, or endless calls for Krytek, BO etc to drop him, or a general time suck, we'll lock this one too. Not a MF fan, but I am a civil Rokslide fan. These threads tend to just drag the site down. If you're not a mod, you don't see all the time it takes.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Yes, and the only reason this one hasn't is seems to have stayed factual and civil. But if it turns into another AVB thread, or endless calls for Krytek, BO etc to drop him, or a general time suck, we'll lock this one too. Not a MF fan, but I am a civil Rokslide fan. These threads tend to just drag the site down. If you're not a mod, you don't see all the time it takes.
I can respect that, I refrained from dropping company names until a member asked for them because I know most of us here know who still does business with MF. And I know that one is a site sponsor here.

I hope this thread doesn't get locked, so the new guys/gals and people unaware of the situation can know not to buy Muley Freak gear, Not to give them any views on social media, And not to subscribe to his channels.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I can respect that, I refrained from dropping company names until a member asked for them because I know most of us here know who still does business with MF. And I know that one is a site sponsor here.

I hope this thread doesn't get locked, so the new guys/gals and people unaware of the situation can know not to buy Muley Freak gear, Not to give them any views on social media, And not to subscribe to his channels.
🙏

Reactions: WKR

Darryle

WKR
The way to stop this shit right now is to somehow get rid of "influencers", youtube hunters, social media bullshit. Period. If these douchebags don't have anyone to impress, or make a living off of, it would end immediately!

Uh, umm, glass something or other, maybe

Dammit, I got nuttin 😂

Travis907

WKR
Welcome to the world of how most court systems handle fish and wildlife violations. The LEO does their job, then prosecutors immediately offer said violator a pre trial diversions on all F&W violations if they don’t throw it out.
This is how prosecutors unfortunately view these said F&W crimes…..isn’t the crime of the century, it’s just a deer!

dtrkyman

WKR
I don't think I had ever heard of this clown until the first time he got busted? I did see a video pop up on youtube recently and was like is that the dude from the Rokslide threads, lol he is infamous now!

Glad I knew of his history or I may have tried watching his videos?

TSAMP

WKR
Eh he's not trendy enough. I need a new exciting poacher to break ranks. Maybe that dude that shot the cemetery buck?
Bucks*

Disclaimer: the above is purely speculation as a result of minor investigation combing through exactly one written article, but further substantiated by pictures of this idiot and by those alone I base the above.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd probably reconsider painting with a broad brush in this thread. Stay with the facts if you want to keep this thread open

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Anyone have they details? I know they removed the felony charge and reached a plea deal agreement but not much else. Must have had a hell of a lawyer. And now that he has been convicted, will companies finally stop doing business with that brand?

Nope. Eastmans is pimping Muley Freak on their Instagram as we speak. All these companies and influencers band together to make as much money as possible no matter what the outcome is for us everyday hunters. That's all they care about is the $$$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.