Mutha Hubba NX 3-Person Backpacking Tent

Benjblt

WKR
Wondering if any one has any experience or insight into this tent. MSR(R) Mutha Hubba™ NX 3-Person Backpacking Tent | MSR Gear Is it durable? Does it have a pretty solid design? I was looking at the Hilleberg Anjan 3GT but was thinking it would be nice to have something with more interior space. I'm looking for something that will handle 3 season weather (more or less). Mostly I will be using it for September and maybe into late October. Rain will be common in the situations I hunt. I want to stay around 5 lbs and some vestibule space unless the interior space is more than 75 inches each direction. I'm also not interested in floorless.

Ryan R

Lil-Rokslider
It's a great tent for two guys. We have been using it on our mountain hunts for 4 years. Very happy with it. Bent the poles a bit in some wind, but didn't have all the guy lines tied down. Will be using it again this year.

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR
It's a great tent for two guys. We have been using it on our mountain hunts for 4 years. Very happy with it. Bent the poles a bit in some wind, but didn't have all the guy lines tied down. Will be using it again this year.

Thanks for the feedback. How does it hold up in the rain? Is it pretty water proof?

Ryan R

Lil-Rokslider
It also has 8 points to tie guy lines from. I have the one before the redesign. The new one has better ventilation I think.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
When I had to reluctantly sell the Kuiu Stormstar tent since we now had to fit our daughter in a tent with us I went with the MSR Elixir 3 over the Hubba simply due to the more robust pole design where the poles overlap in 4 places similar to the Kuiu Stormstar with just a bit more space for the 3 of us to sleep in there.

$224 is a pretty good deal for what it is. Sure its not the lightest, but if I am not bringing a floorless to sleep in then I am using a floored freestanding tent cause I want it to be a bit more robust and such. It def holds up well in the wind.