My DIY bag for duplex

5shot

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks. I will be doing a generic version, since I doubt I'll ever be putting a Kifaru pack on it. I ordered HDPE for the frame sheet and I'm going to scavenge the Stays out of my ILBE. That gives me a lot of latitude with the design, since any bags I make will be made to fit the frame, instead of trying to make the frame fit existing packs.

And I have like 5 months to get it finished.

OP
WoodBow

WoodBow

WKR
Be warned, I tried to use the ilbe stays and they were much too short. No load lift with heavy weight. I am 6 foot. And it's not that I didn't try. I did rucks with them and finally said screw that. Changing them out for longer stays required that I seam rip off and re sew the stay sleeves because as the stays get longer, they get closer together at the bottom if the angle is not changed. Which I guess would be ok if you use the frame sheet sleeve in the duplex belt but I used the bikini stay holes because My frame sheet does not come all the way down.

5shot

Lil-Rokslider
I actually ordered new Stays that were 25", so I will be good to go. They ILBE Load lifters actually work now (and I'm only 5'-9"). I'll do a lot of planning and layout before I start stitching.

Last edited: