MYM 1hp dual grinder vs 1.5

Ac338

WKR
Anybody have any experience with the meat your maker 1hp dual grinder? Just wondering if it works or is gimmicky because for the same price you can get the regular grind 1.5hp. Thanks

OP
A

Ac338

WKR
They Just released those so im not sure how much feedback there is out there yet
Oh okay thanks, just started looking for a new grinder in the deer stand today so didn’t realize that was a new release.

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
I've been having the same internal debate. On one hand, it sounds convenient though maybe a bit gimmicky. On the other hand, how often will I truly grind twice? Not to mention, the added HP (I will be grinding whole rabbits) would be nice, and should I ever decide to use a mixer, MYM's mixer only works with their 1.5hp grinder. So far, I'm leaning towards the 1.5.

Also of note, apparently the dual grind wasn't included in the recent 25% off sale they had. Not sure if it will be in the future.

it's a smart design for sure. a double grind is nice if you're packing sausage links. it's a little niche. I already have the 1.5hp model so I'll be buying the meat mixer soon