Mystery Ranch stepping up

muddydogs

WKR
Got an email from Mystery Ranch that they are making face masks so I started checking around at the other high end pack and clothing businesses and nothing. All the other high end dealers home page is showing off there latest high dollar creations for sale and Mystery Ranches home page is showing of $16 face masks. Good to see at least one company stepping up and helping out, i'm sure making face masks is cutting into there pack work.

$16 is a bit much for a face mask in my opinion, but good on them for trying.

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider
$16 is a bit much for a face mask in my opinion, but good on them for trying.
Yep, they also dropped off a bunch to local outdoor retailers here in Bozeman, so you can get them in person or off the site. Also, they are made here in Bozeman on the HQ production floor.

No reason to “Come on,man” me. If they were doing it out of the goodness of their heart they would be giving them away for free or $8. They’re doing it to make to make money. Good on them.
As far as them being made overseas or in the US that is a legitimate question. After checking into it I’m glad they are making them here in the U.S

WyoWrangler

Lil-Rokslider
Labor and materials still have a cost, and I would imagine they are trying to keep there employees and not lay anyone off. I personally called mystery ranch about a month ago when they started doing this trying to buy a mask and they were only supplying them to there local hospitals for no cost at the time.

Labor and materials still have a cost, and I would imagine they are trying to keep there employees and not lay anyone off. I personally called mystery ranch about a month ago when they started doing this trying to buy a mask and they were only supplying them to there local hospitals for no cost at the time.

Yep, I'm sure it's a money loser for them, at least not the productivity and long term marketing benefits as cranking out more great packs.

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider
No reason to “Come on,man” me. If they were doing it out of the goodness of their heart they would be giving them away for free or $8. They’re doing it to make to make money. Good on them.
As far as them being made overseas or in the US that is a legitimate question. After checking into it I’m glad they are making them here in the U.S
Made in the US. US based labor and wages, hence the 16 bucks. Microbial fabrics, elastic, etc.
The first batches were donated to healthcare workers in Bozeman, as noted elesewhere. You can't give everything away forever, with the cost of fabric, labor, packaging, etc.
I gladly paid for 6 of them, and sent a few to high risk family members.

Mt Al

WKR
They’re just trying to capitalize on the times and make a profit. Are they at least making them in the US or these imported like their packs?

=============================

The initial point you made while typing on your imported computer wearing imported clothes and maybe in the vicinity of your imported Glock: Fair question on where they're sourced from, but is it bad to make a profit? You clarify in your second post. But then "if they were doing it out of the goodness of their heart". Are businesses supposed to do things out of the goodness of their hearts? Crazy business sustainability concept.

Seek Outside, MR, Under Armor (who are kicking ass with PPE), Red Oxx, Simms and others are choosing to make masks and PPE for whatever reason they want.

Your jab at MR importing their hunting packs is taken and buying USA made whenever possible is the shite! I'm guilty of buying an imported MR and will look harder at US made next time I buy anything.

The initial point you made while typing on your imported computer wearing imported clothes and maybe in the vicinity of your imported Glock: Fair question on where they're sourced from, but is it bad to make a profit? You clarify in your second post. But then "if they were doing it out of the goodness of their heart". Are businesses supposed to do things out of the goodness of their hearts? Crazy business sustainability concept.

Seek Outside, MR, Under Armor (who are kicking ass with PPE), Red Oxx, Simms and others are choosing to make masks and PPE for whatever reason they want.

Your jab at MR importing their hunting packs is taken and buying USA made whenever possible is the shite! I'm guilty of buying an imported MR and will look harder at US made next time I buy anything.
I was more reacting to the op pretending MR is “stepping up and helping out.“ It was later pointed out that there are numerous companies making masks so there’s no need to pretend mystery Ranch is holier than thou. I’m glad they are making money, at least I hope they are. Let’s not pretend that mystery Ranch is some all American company. They manufacture their packs overseas.I won’t pretend my Glock is an All-American handgun either.

OP
M

muddydogs

WKR
I was more reacting to the op pretending MR is “stepping up and helping out.“ It was later pointed out that there are numerous companies making masks so there’s no need to pretend mystery Ranch is holier than thou. I’m glad they are making money, at least I hope they are. Let’s not pretend that mystery Ranch is some all American company. They manufacture their packs overseas.I won’t pretend my Glock is an All-American handgun either.
Well I wan't pretending that MR was anything but trying to help. I don't know who's making what but a quick search of some of the other retailers showed nothing. Seems like you have another agenda all together and are using this post to push your bull.

I will resend my praise for MR at this point. I ordered a couple more masks from them and what I got the second time sure isn't as good as the first 2. They made them smaller, changed the inside material and the band is to short for my head. At this point I wouldn't pay $16 for one and wish I could return the last few I purchased. Yep got screwed again.