nat geo food

littlebuf

Banned
came home and my wife had a new dehydrated food she found at the store. packaging is smaller and lighter than mountain house and the calories per ounce seem to be higher. looking at a cheesy broccoli pouch right now. 8.47 oz. and 1100 calories.i already love how much more compact the packaging is. ill find out this weekend up at elk camp if i love how they taste. found a link, and there not on amazon yet. im going to be trying more flavors this year.

http://www.drugstorenews.com/articl...d-launch-line-emergency-preparedness-products

• Banned
OP
littlebuf

littlebuf

Banned
almost forgot. they seem to be cheaper too. these ones were 5.49 @ walmart

• Banned
OP
littlebuf

littlebuf

Banned
says two servings in pouch at 550 a serving. net weight on the front is 8.47. this looks like good stuff, my wifes going to pick up some more next week. she said there were several flavors. ill post a pick of one next to a mountain house. its really a improvement in pack ability

• Banned
OP
littlebuf

littlebuf

Banned
no problem. im sure someone will think im just being an asshole simple because im posting but i thought id pass a good find along

Thanks. Even if they taste mediocre, I might carry them over MH based on packability. Unless you pay extra for the pro packs, they take up a lot of space.

TEmbry

WKR
Wow there must be a ton of cheese packed around that broccoli to hit 1100 calories! Haha

I'll give em a shot. I'll be backpacking for 7 weeks straight this fall so I'm sure I could use as much variety as I can possibly get.

OP
littlebuf

littlebuf

Banned
made my day

Anymore I find it best just to get it out of the way early. I'll report back on taste and how the smaller pouch works. One thing right off the bat is it's the size I have to cut the mountain house packs down to after cooking just to get my spoon in there.

Buster

WKR
Glad I checked out this thread, both informative and amusing. Just like any other thread involving littlebuf.