NE Wyoming Car Thieves!

TaperPin

WKR
If you live within 2 hrs of the border, those south of it. Number 1 vehicle stolen in south Texas - Superduty, some within hours of being sold new. Friend had his stolen with his dog inside, never found either one. In south Florida they steal trucks to go steal large boats out of storage yards, strip the boats, load everything in a container to south or central america. Thievery is alive and flourishing in those 2 states.
You’re not alone - containers full of construction equipment and cars are loaded up all around the west as well. I was always curious about how big things around Boise disappeared so easily - after moving away I found out. Just about everywhere organized gangs operate, which is literally every large city in America, the process of stuffing shipping containers bound for South America is well established. Pretty crazy it’s so common - like phone scammers. Lol

Weldor

WKR
I live 1 hr from the southern boder, by the time you report it its over there and gone. If they want it they will get it, no security system is going to stop it. It's a real bummer but true.

mitchell

FNG
Every high valued item going over seas should have to go through a shipping broker or security check. The persons name attached to the container should be held responsible and charged if the items are stolen. Organized crime is turning this world into a third world state with their drugs and thievery.

TaperPin

WKR
I bet that 4Runner already has a new computer and vin tags out of a totaled vehicle, keys and fobs are reprogrammed and it is headed for a Denver car lot - 4 Runners sell like hotcakes. It wouldn’t surprise me if the guys are from Denver. Hope they find it.

For anyone with wireless ring cameras, they are easily disabled with cheap signal jammers off Amazon. We just went through this with my father in law’s cameras and a crazy neighbor who carries a jammer with him everywhere. We ran new wired cameras around the house so jammers won’t affect them.

C90F8124-A3D3-48F0-9265-F56F0640343B.jpeg

Burnsie

Lil-Rokslider
Last week my brother-in-laws Dodge duelly was stolen out of his driveway. The thieves then used it to rip an ATM out of the wall at a local bank, then took off and left the truck running.
The police said it was part of a gang from Houston that had done the same thing in several smaller communities in the area. They targeted his truck because it was an older Dodge that is easy to jump start or hot wire. They said the gang really does their homework doing recon in the community ahead of time. My brother-in-law is a big fan of the older 12 valve diesels, and always has at least a couple trucks at his place that he scoops up whenever he finds one online or at an auction. Uses them to pull a 5th wheel with his skid loader and track hoe.

HUNTNUT

FNG
If you live within 2 hrs of the border, those south of it. Number 1 vehicle stolen in south Texas - Superduty, some within hours of being sold new. Friend had his stolen with his dog inside, never found either one. In south Florida they steal trucks to go steal large boats out of storage yards, strip the boats, load everything in a container to south or central america. Thievery is alive and flourishing in those 2 states.
Unless something has changed with the locking mechanism in the last few years, I can get into any newer model Ford truck with a pair of channel lock pliars in less than 20 seconds. If your keys are in it anywhere, I am driving off with it.

HUNTNUT

FNG
It happened to my sons F150 in a parking lot with security cameras in San Antonio. I have seen the video. It happens so often law enforcement will not even respond. On it's way to Mexico before they can get there.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
We really need a new judicial system that starts lopping hands off for thieves for first offenses, and immediate death penalty for 2nd offenses. We'd clean this crap up in a hurry. I'm tired of all the bleeding hearts that want criminals to have more rights than their victims. Won't be long and it is going to turn into anarchy with vigilante justice and every man for himself.

MTN BUM

Lil-Rokslider
A good reminder that this can happen anywhere.

This happened over 25 miles from the nearest town out in the middle of nowhere
Thats actually a little scary. Means the d bags knew where to look. Glad they didnt come in the house. Then again, they probably are too...

KenLee

WKR
@bgbuck153 says it's the Game & Fish Commission stealing them.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Unless something has changed with the locking mechanism in the last few years, I can get into any newer model Ford truck with a pair of channel lock pliars in less than 20 seconds. If your keys are in it anywhere, I am driving off with it.
As of 2022 I can validate that hasn't changed, I know exactly what you're talking about.
Curious if the keys were in or how they managed to get it?
A common thing happening now with push start vehicles is using technology to either mimic the original keyfob or repeaters to extend the distance of the fob (IE they boost the signal from the key inside your house so vehicle thinks its inside the vehicle). I opted for a keyed ignition on my latest truck, its not "safe" from theft but its not as soft of a target for those that specialize in stealing push button start vehicles.

HUNTNUT

FNG
Curious if the keys were in or how they managed to get it?
Sorry, was not very clear. They did not get my son's truck , but they got in and took a Glock 19 and a radar detector. If the keys had been in it, they could have driven away. The police did say that 13 F150s had been stolen at a very large, high-end shopping center in one day (The Shops at La Cantera).

BadDogPSD

WKR
They have not been changed. Thieves can also punch a hole in the door glass and pry up the door lock. Ravelco and Igla systems make it much more difficult to steal vehicles. Guys are also deleting the door lock cylinders and relocating the horns to further deter theft.

fwee6

FNG
My neighbor next to my cabin had his vehicle stolen this morning.

Take a look at this video of a couple car thieves.

If anyone in the Newcastle Wyo, Sundance Wyo, or the South Dakota Black Hills area recognizes these guys, call the Newcastle Wyo Sheriff Department.

World is full of losers.