Neck sizing with mandrel

So Im almost a year into reloading, switched to using forster FL bushing die for 6.5 creed sizing and using a 21st mandrel to set neck tension. On my Norma brass I run a .261 mandrel for .003 tension (AR10) and my Hornady brass I run a .262 mandrel for bolt gun. I use the same bushing for both brands of brass and I'm only opening the Hornady .002 and the Norma is .001.

So I want to start using a mandrel for my 300prc. Out of curiosity I pulled the expander ball out of my Hornady die and sized a case. It set case mouth at .297.

I'm trying to avoid buying another $140 forster bushing die so I'm wondering if Im over working the brass by getting a .306 mandrel and opening my neck .009. I don't remember the exact measurements of the expander ball but I'm pretty sure it's .308 diameter so it was working it more than I will be.

I feel like I'm over thinking this haha.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Spec 0.004" smaller neck than loaded ammo with the custom honing option and dont worry about using a mandrel.

Cheaper than bushing die. Sizes all the way to the shoulder. makes at least as straight of ammo. Dont need to buy a mandrel or have another pass through the press.