Need a low light scope

Papadaddy

FNG
What’s the better low light scope for deer hunting after sunset under $700.00 Looking at a 2.5x10x56 trijicon and meopta meosport 3x15x50 after reading Bobby tomek review. Or any other scope

What’s the better low light scope for deer hunting after sunset under $700.00 Looking at a 2.5x10x56 trijicon and meopta meosport 3x15x50 after reading Bobby tomek review. Or any other scope
I have the Trijicon AccuPower (I believe it’s discontinued) in 2.5-10x56 and it’s awesome at gathering light in the southern whitetail woods.

OP
P

Papadaddy

FNG
Thank you I’m leaning towards the 2.5x10x56 Accupoint or credo hx but I can get that meosport for $ 400 on sell that’s 300 in savings if it’s almost as good

OP
P

Papadaddy

FNG
I have the Trijicon AccuPower (I believe it’s discontinued) in 2.5-10x56 and it’s awesome at gathering light in the southern whitetail woods.
I’m thinking about the 2.5x10x56 accupoint or credo hx but the meosport is on sell for 400. That’s a lot if it’s almost as good. Thank you

OP
P

Papadaddy

FNG
I bought a Hungarian made fixed power 8x56 Schmidt Bender off Optics Trade EU for about that much. I highly recommend.
Most of my shots from a blind 50 to 150 yds also. I don’t know if 8x would work

Swamp Fox

WKR
Without looking through both, the Trij is better on the specs, for what you do.

And my guess is the price difference will show up in the field. There is/should be a difference in $400 optics vs. $700 optics, in my experience.

OP
P

Papadaddy

FNG
Without looking through both, the Trij is better on the specs, for what you do.

And my guess is the price difference will show up in the field. There is/should be a difference in $400 optics vs. $700 optics, in my experience.
I ordered the meosport and got a accupoint I’m gonna get and look through both for a few nights at dark and see what looks best. Then if I don’t like it I’ll send it back. I got an older meopro 40 mm and my son has vx3 hd a vx 5 and vx 6 and the 6 is brighter but the vx 3 is not far behind and the meopro last. There’s not $1000.00 difference in the lowest to the top for my eyes

Swamp Fox

WKR
I ordered the meosport and got a accupoint I’m gonna get and look through both for a few nights at dark and see what looks best. Then if I don’t like it I’ll send it back. I got an older meopro 40 mm and my son has vx3 hd a vx 5 and vx 6 and the 6 is brighter but the vx 3 is not far behind and the meopro last. There’s not $1000.00 difference in the lowest to the top for my eyes

The VX 3 starts as good glass.

sdupontjr

WKR
I have both. And yes Bobby played a huge part in my purchases as well. To my eyes, the Trijicon is brighter than the Meosport R 3-15x50. Both take a back seat to the Schmidt Bender Polar, but it comes at 3x the price. The main difference is the illumination. The accupoint has no battery to worry about where the Meosport does. But I'm on year 4 with my Polar and still have the 1st battery I put in it.

OP
P

Papadaddy

FNG
I’d love to have a polar but it’s out of my price range and thank you for your reviews. That’s probably what I’ll get. I had a meopta meostar 3x12x56 years back and it was bright but it didn’t have an illumination. I sold it like a dummy but I didn’t like the ffp. Now I mainly go hunting with my grandsons who are 8 to 10 and hopefully they’ll enjoy it as much as I do

sdupontjr

WKR
Yeah Bobby put me on the Polar as well. I have it on my Tikka 308 and is my low light setup for my hardwoods. Figured I'd buy once, cry once. The trijicon accupoint, my son liked it so much, it's on his Rem 700 and the meosport I actually just bought it from Bobby for my CVA 350 legend for low light primative hunting.

OP
P

Papadaddy

FNG
How do you like the meosport and what about some of the gpo scopes have you used any

OP
P

Papadaddy

FNG
And what about the 2.5x10 credo hx what’s your opinion of those or anything else around 700

sdupontjr

WKR
I like the meosport for what I use it for. I missed a shot at a nice 8pt during primative due to lack of low light in my optic. Bobby sent me the meosport to get a comparison with my Polar in real hunt situations. It was able to get me pass legal light here in south louisiana in my hardwoods. The trijicon accupoint will also. But the accupoint line at 2.5-10x56 will be more than that meosport R 3-15x50 by a few hundred or more. If you really do hunt in low light situations, don't settle, save and get the best you can afford. Nothing worse than buying cheap, don't like it. Then upgrade slightly, don't like it, the. Finally spend and get whT you want only to have to sell the others and get back 75% of what you paid.

KenLee

WKR
I have both. And yes Bobby played a huge part in my purchases as well. To my eyes, the Trijicon is brighter than the Meosport R 3-15x50. Both take a back seat to the Schmidt Bender Polar, but it comes at 3x the price. The main difference is the illumination. The accupoint has no battery to worry about where the Meosport does. But I'm on year 4 with my Polar and still have the 1st battery I put in it.
The Accupoint also adjusts illumination brightness level up or down itself, so you don't need to increase or lower the brightness manually at daybreak or the light fades.

Xycod

Lil-Rokslider
Imo I’d find a used Zeiss diavari vmv 3-12x56, or maybe an older Schmidt zenith, swaro ph, or the like. That said Trijicon makes a good scope.