Need recipe for elk tenderloins

Just experimented with another loin. Didn't wanna wrap in bacon but then i had an idea and it worked just fine. Rocky Mountain elk tenderloin with garlic powder and Montreal seasoning flash fried to rare in bacon grease. Not bad.

36368577_10216285680395747_3254015567325036544_n.jpg

Bruce, I might eat the plate when done with something that looks as good as that! Good job! I think you could fry a flip flop from a porta a potty in bacon grease and make it taste good.

lif

WKR
I sent a message about marinated elk roast. Just to be clear, I do not like marinating either when using heavily permeable liquids for long durations. But when you use a ketchup based dense bbq sauce for a short duration(4-8 hours) it does not really penetrate the meat much. More or less creates a glaze. It mostly cooks off on the bbq but you can keep basting it with sauce while grilling. End product is a great crust on top of pure venison.

High fence? I don't know of any state with an open season in June.

Because elk were extirpated from Texas and reintroduced, they're now considered an exotic (which is ludicrous). Just like pigs and axis deer, you can hunt them 24/7-365 in TX. Even at night. I believe even on State land, though there may be park-specific restrictions on off-season hunting.

Bulldawg

WKR
This elk was killed in Colorado, free range and fair chase.

Because elk were extirpated from Texas and reintroduced, they're now considered an exotic (which is ludicrous). Just like pigs and axis deer, you can hunt them 24/7-365 in TX. Even at night. I believe even on State land, though there may be park-specific restrictions on off-season hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This elk was killed in Colorado, free range and fair chase.

I realize that - I was just pointing out to the guy that said he didn’t know of any state where it’s legal to kill an elk in June, that in Texas, it is. There are free range, fair chase elk in West Texas that you can legally hunt all year.

I’m not talking about high fence operations. It’s a pretty big place - still plenty of land here that’s not fenced.....