Neighbor kids find my stolen rifle

Jacack

WKR
Had a rifle stolen from my truck ( buddy wanted to borrow it so I put in my truck and forgot it in the back seat when I didn’t get a chance to drop it by) reported it stolen with pics and serials hoping it might turn up in a pawn shop due to being a 338 lapua and not much need for one in Florida.

Turns out they carried it about 150 yards down the road and tossed it . Such a waste.

Still can’t believe it was there all this time, I walk that road daily .

Kids found it and took it to the closest house and he knows me and knew I had one stolen and walked it over to me. Not much left but the scope is still smooth but the glass it destroyed

1002CECF-EACF-4E07-8509-5A6EE493B8EC.jpegEFE89C1D-BB3D-4A49-A902-8CBC7BB337E5.jpeg

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Happened to me with my first compound bow I bought about 6 years ago. Never recovered it tho.

I would be interested to know what Nightforce says about the scope.

How long was it out there?

OP
J

Jacack

WKR
Happened to me with my first compound bow I bought about 6 years ago. Never recovered it tho.

I would be interested to know what Nightforce says about the scope.

How long was it out there?

Stolen dec 2017 found today

ODB

WKR
Bastids. Looks like one of those gonzo CZs. I hate seeing stuff like this...dumb people doing dumb things....

davsco

WKR
that'll buff right out...

but really, sorry for your loss. years ago i had a real nice match AR stolen from my home. was heavy and doubt it was taken far. begged cops to bring in a dog team to try and trace their steps but they didn't/wouldn't. mine's also prob in the woods nearby.

I had 3 rifles as well as some other stuff stolen one winter. That spring I was getting my camper ready for the season and found 2 of the rifles in the camper under the mattress! The rifle they took had a strap on it. My guess was they put the 2 in my camper [the door didnt lock] and intended on coming back for them but didnt. Pleasant surprise!

OP
J

Jacack

WKR
called nightforce and sending it in for a inspection, that said i took it off the rifle and was looking it over and realized the illuminated reticle still works with the battery that is in it. so that got me thinking so i cleaned the glass best i could it put it on a 223 i had laying around and shot it, thing still tracks fine from what i can tell only can get 85 yards behind the house.

this gun was stolen DEC 2017 so it has been out there 17 months in the south Florida heat and humidity and appears to be fine other than the rear lens and i bet if it had covers on them it would be unscathed .

i got the bolt out of the rifle but don't think there is any saving it.

will post when nightforce gets to look at it.

adkhunter

FNG
I don't own any Nightforce but that is a heck of a testament to their product. My guess is they will send you a new one and use that one as advertisement. They are a little pricey for my budget but maybe I'll try one down the road.

Fortunately material possessions can be replaced, sad how some people have no values/morals but no different through all of history.

Hope you got a new one and it shoots lights out!

lilharcher

Lil-Rokslider
A great PR play for Nightforce.....I hope they take advantage of it for a win-win scenario for everyone involved!!

tdhanses

WKR
That’s pretty dang impressive on the scope! Situation sucks but I bet that scope is fixable.