Nemo Bags

Jakerex

WKR
I’m still looking for a new bag, and having a hard time spending the $$$ on a western mountaineering.

I’m considering the Nemo Riff, Sonic / Stalker, and disco. I’m a side sleeper and toss and turn a lot. 5’11” 200lb

Can anyone offer any input into these in regards to interior size, comparison between them, 15* riff and sonic vs the 0* sonic / stalker, etc. thanks

And no, I’m not considering a quilt or similar. I would like a sleeping bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eamyrick

WKR
I’ve had a Nemo Sonic 15 for several years now. Have used it in a variety of temps (60 to below 0). I am primarily a side sleeper and love to spread out and have found it to be a roomy bag with nice toe box. Only flaw I’ve found is the zipper seems to get snagged more than the SG I had for a short time.

I would say the 15 degree temp rang is good with thermals to 20 degrees. Colder than 20 and I’m using a bivy bag and a down puffy to extend the temp range.

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
I would also checkout sierra designs

That bag seems to be a good deal smaller than those that I listed. I’ll check out their others though.

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
I don’t see many comparisons of the sonic and the disco and Riff

sneaky

"DADDY"
You wanting a 15 degree or a 0 degree? Hard to make recommendations without knowing what your number one requirement is.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

My wife runs the Forte from Nemo and she is a side sleeper. She likes the room it has and doesn't feel restricted when moving around. I use a stone glacier and love it but it is a bit overkill, I do admit.

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
You wanting a 15 degree or a 0 degree? Hard to make recommendations without knowing what your number one requirement is.

Probably rather a 0, but may entertain a 15

Can't give you any side-by-side comparisons but... I have the Stalker 0* long. I'm 6'4" 230. Depending on how tired I am, I can do some tossing and turning. No complaints regarding the space in the bag or the ability to get into a decently comfortable position.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Light, warm, cheap. You can pick 2. That's how it works when looking at sleeping bags.

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
Light, warm, cheap. You can pick 2. That's how it works when looking at sleeping bags.

Yeah I know. Every (expensive and cheaper) down roomy bag out there in the 0-15* range is around 3lb. That’s fine with me

Interior size wise roomiest order is sonic and stalker, disco, riff. According to the specs on the website. Can't speak to real world use, sorry.

Good friend of mine has the disco 15, he's about your size maybe a bit heavier. Side sleeper. He talks it up when the subject arises. Said it's realistic to 20's in tshirt and underwear, 15 in lightweights top and bottom.

If you want the roomiest 0° bag out of those I'd say the stalker is going to be you best bet.

Edit: changed order of size on bags. Selected wrong size on sonic first go around.

Last edited:

DeerCatcherUT/CO

Lil-Rokslider
I have a disco and I absolutely love it. The footbox is huge so your feet never get crammed and the extra room keeps them warm. I’m skinny (6’1 190) but I don’t have any issues with rolling side to side. I hate mummy bags but the disco has a ton of room in it for me. Gotta love the price too

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
Interior size wise roomiest order is sonic and stalker, disco, riff. According to the specs on the website. Can't speak to real world use, sorry.

Good friend of mine has the disco 15, he's about your size maybe a bit heavier. Side sleeper. He talks it up when the subject arises. Said it's realistic to 20's in tshirt and underwear, 15 in lightweights top and bottom.

If you want the roomiest 0° bag out of those I'd say the stalker is going to be you best bet.

Edit: changed order of size on bags. Selected wrong size on sonic first go around.

This week I noticed new colors to the bags on Nemo’s website, updated disco and riff bags. The dimensions for both are smaller than the disco and riff of the past, meaning from just a week or so ago when I wrote down all of the dimensions from Nemo’s website. A week ago the dimensions were:

Shoulder, hip, knee

Sonic 63,58,53
Riff 62,54,59
Disco 64,59,62

New model dimensions. Sonic is still the same but the Riff and Disco are smaller

Sonic 63, 58, 53
Riff 60, 54, 57
Disco 62, 57, 61

These are size regular. 0 for the sonic, and 15 for disco and riff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk no

This week I noticed new colors to the bags on Nemo’s website, updated disco and riff bags. The dimensions for both are smaller than the disco and riff of the past, meaning from just a week or so ago when I wrote down all of the dimensions from Nemo’s website. A week ago the dimensions were:

Shoulder, hip, knee

Sonic 63,58,53
Riff 62,54,59
Disco 64,59,62

New model dimensions. Sonic is still the same but the Riff and Disco are smaller

Sonic 63, 58, 53
Riff 60, 54, 57
Disco 62, 57, 61

These are size regular. 0 for the sonic, and 15 for disco and riff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk no

I noticed they changed up the colors some but didn't realize that on the sizes. Good thing you took note before the changes hit.
That's a pretty big difference in size on the riff and disco.
I noticed campsaver and a few other places had several nemo bags on clearance. Guess the new stuff coming out explains it.

BCSojourner

Lil-Rokslider
I’m still looking for a new bag, and having a hard time spending the $$$ on a western mountaineering.

I’m considering the Nemo Riff, Sonic / Stalker, and disco. I’m a side sleeper and toss and turn a lot. 5’11” 200lb

Can anyone offer any input into these in regards to interior size, comparison between them, 15* riff and sonic vs the 0* sonic / stalker, etc. thanks

And no, I’m not considering a quilt or similar. I would like a sleeping bag.

I have the Disco 15 deg and absolutely love it. Best zipper (non-snag) of any bag I have had. I'm a side sleeper who tosses a lot and it provides plenty of room. Has kept me plenty warm in temps down into the low 20s. Also get a compression sack with the bag which is a bonus, and it packs up pretty small. Great value for the price!

OP
J

Jakerex

WKR
Are Nemo bags heavier then comparable bags or are they just honest with weight?

Seem to be the same as all other bags that consider themselves to be wider in construction.