Never going back

Squints08

Lil-Rokslider
I hunted with a longbow back in college when I had more time to hunt and harvested a few whitetails with it. But as time got harder to find I switched to a compound for years and then a crossbow for a while. They killed deer annually and fed my family. Then came COVID. I worked from home and had plenty of time to take the kids outside and practice. I took it seriously, practiced daily and started taking monthly lessons from a Level 3 USA Archery Coach (best decision ever). Long story short I connected on opening night and this deer only went about 20 yards after my arrow passed through it. I find it is so much more rewarding to harvest an animal with this type of gear because of all the practice and time invested. I think my compound and crossbow will simply collect dust for many years to come.

Attachments

• deer.jpg
    deer.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Deer Heart.jpg
    Deer Heart.jpg
    549.1 KB · Views: 113
Congrats. Achievements through hard work and dedication are always much more satisfying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess I mentioned hunting with a longbow but in my picture is a recurve so I’ll clarify. My college longbow was a Bear Byron Ferguson Patriot but I stepped up to a Bob Lee hardcore recurve this time around. Such a better all around shooter in my opinion.

Woohooo!!
Way to go!!

Yep, I had a similar situation as you.

After picking up the longbow again, it was being like a kid.

Didn’t matter if I was stalking and killing Orange leaves hiding behind bushes, or shooting sly stumps off in the distance. It has been fun and rewarding!!

God Bless,
David B.

Back