new FL camo pattern ?

I got this email in response from First Lite about Cipher last week:

Thank you for reaching out. Cipher unfortunately has been discontinued. Our product development team felt that some significant improvements could be made therein. Typical to the way we like to operate here at First Lite, if we can improve on an existing product/camouflage colorway we will not hesitate. We demand the utmost performance out of all of our products from the gear itself to the camouflage printed on our products and the way in which your quarry views it. For this reason we felt it was necessary to discontinue Cipher pending the release of our new Cerca camouflage colorway! We no longer have any Cipher available for sale. Please view the link below to reference our new Cerca colorway!

BUT today I saw this on Scheels.com:

CIPHER™​

SCHEELS EXCLUSIVE PATTERN​

First Lite's Cipher pattern leverages the proven working principals of Fusion and applies them to landscape palettes with less color. Cipher emphasizes the narrower color spectrum found during the autumn and winter months in both hardwood and western environments. With its muted coloration and Fusion-inspired DNA, Cipher is a deadly weapon in every hunter's arsenal.

All Cipher items do say “Pre-order now to reserve your gear with an estimated ship date of 12/8/2023”
So maybe our complaints about Cipher leaving were heard and they’re bringing it back in a way that is good for them and Scheels.

Cipher is/was a great pattern, I don't see how it needs "improving." Hopefully, Cerca looks better than what was posted here.

Fusion is ok. Spectre is too busy. Cache is wtf. I also don't dig their cattail pattern.

Typical of most of these proprietary patterns is they don't know when to stop "innovating."

On the other hand, you have Forloh who found the fugliest pattern possible and said "good enough."

Durran87

Lil-Rokslider
It currently looks like just as cipher disappeared from the FL website, now it’s the main pattern for everything available at Scheels starting 12/9. I sure hope it sticks around!

Fowl Play

WKR
So wait... you can still buy First Lite clothing in Cipher... just only through Scheels??? WTF

I got this email in response from First Lite about Cipher last week:

Thank you for reaching out. Cipher unfortunately has been discontinued. Our product development team felt that some significant improvements could be made therein. Typical to the way we like to operate here at First Lite, if we can improve on an existing product/camouflage colorway we will not hesitate. We demand the utmost performance out of all of our products from the gear itself to the camouflage printed on our products and the way in which your quarry views it. For this reason we felt it was necessary to discontinue Cipher pending the release of our new Cerca camouflage colorway! We no longer have any Cipher available for sale. Please view the link below to reference our new Cerca colorway!

BUT today I saw this on Scheels.com:

CIPHER

SCHEELS EXCLUSIVE PATTERN​

First Lite's Cipher pattern leverages the proven working principals of Fusion and applies them to landscape palettes with less color. Cipher emphasizes the narrower color spectrum found during the autumn and winter months in both hardwood and western environments. With its muted coloration and Fusion-inspired DNA, Cipher is a deadly weapon in every hunter's arsenal.

All Cipher items do say “Pre-order now to reserve your gear with an estimated ship date of 12/8/2023”
So maybe our complaints about Cipher leaving were heard and they’re bringing it back in a way that is good for them and Scheels.

Yes we discussed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found some pictures of the new pattern…
What do you guy’s think as an eastern-midwest Treestand camo?

Attachments

• IMG_0487.jpg
    IMG_0487.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0477.jpg
    IMG_0477.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0474.jpg
    IMG_0474.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0466.jpg
    IMG_0466.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 134
I liked cipher originally but found i really got picked off in it for whatever reason. Fusion seems to work better for me. Not really into FL anymore but cerca has me wondering if this could be used well as snow camo??

Lowg08

WKR
I’m not a fan of the new camo. Just me though. I have mostly solids. A fusion top and my son has a fusion and cipher top. I’ve gone mostly solids. Of course. This doesn’t matter because it’s all base or mid layers I have.

Crahnx

FNG
Some pictures it looks almost white, others a more brownish/tan tone. In the more brownish/tan ones, it sort of reminds me of Backland All Terrain, which I’d argue is one of the best camo patterns ever made.