New forum member -Mississippi

JT47L

FNG
Goood evening..I just now joined this forum after a couple of years of frequently using this site for researching optics and other new products.

I’m from Mississippi but have lived in several other states. I hunt whitetail and hogs locally. Used to hunt archery season in CO for elk with my Dad every year. Looking forward to more Western big game hunts in the future.

I’ve hunted deer and other game since I was 6 yo. In 2010 I got into precision shooting and began reloading. Since then, hunting has taken a back seat as I was focused on competition shooting and practice for the same. However, with high price and scarcity of reloading components I have scaled back my frequent shooting sessions. I’m ready to get back into hunting now.

When I began precision/long range shooting I really did not know anyone doing it at the time. Without guidance I had to resort to buying and trying out long range optics and other shooting related gear. Over the years I’ve tried almost all FFP optics from mid priced optics to Schmidt, TT, & ZCO. Same thing with other shooting gear including, rifles - factory and custom, rangefinders, chromographs, etc. Gaining this experience with the various top rated shooting and optical equipment cost me lots of money. But I know what I like now so shooting doesn’t cost as much as it used to.

Glad to be part of this forum.