New Guy

Bomley

FNG
Hello everyone,
Been hunting my whole life but have decided to try and expand my boundaries. Actually I'm determined, and excited to try and get an elk, and I know that experience is what can teach the most. So, been reading and I really appreciate all of you who offer the valuable wisdom taught only from experience.
Thanks.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

Uphills

FNG
Welcome and well said. I was in the same boat as you. I’ve hunted whitetail my whole life. My first elk hunt was last year and it was a great experience even though I didn’t get one. I went on my second DIY elk hunt this year and actually brought home a nice cow. It was a great experience and I met some cool people at camp. I’ve done a lot of reading, watched a million videos and try to chat with as many experienced hunters as I can. Still learning and plan to keep it up.

• Banned
OP
B

Bomley

FNG
Welcome and well said. I was in the same boat as you. I’ve hunted whitetail my whole life. My first elk hunt was last year and it was a great experience even though I didn’t get one. I went on my second DIY elk hunt this year and actually brought home a nice cow. It was a great experience and I met some cool people at camp. I’ve done a lot of reading, watched a million videos and try to chat with as many experienced hunters as I can. Still learning and plan to keep it up.
Thanks for the nice welcome! It's great to hear about your elk hunting adventures. Your recent DIY elk hunt success and the fun times at camp sound awesome. I'm learning a lot by reading, watching videos, and talking to experienced hunters. I'm still figuring things out, but I'm excited to keep learning and share stories with other enthusiasts!