New KUIU/Remington rifle

KurtR

WKR
Comparing 6.5CM to .308:

"The Creedmoor shoots flatter, hits harder, does not drift as much and kicks less. And that, my long-range-shooting nerds, is kind of a big deal."

I am interested in a 6.5 as a lightweight, longer range, coyote/wolf type gun that would do double duty as my mom's (63 yoa) deer and antelope rifle.

Is the 6.5 CM a bad choice?

What makes this round a poor choice in the Kuiu rifle other than it's popular and old crusty guys can't like popular things as it would totally ruin their old crusty guy street cred?

the caliber no the rifle if i am paying that much it will be built by one of the reputable smiths to my exact specs

i have been running my creedmoor for 6 years now and have never wished i still had a 308

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
First off, I don't need any lectures on doing things the "right" way. I spent a month on my own in Colorado hunting bighorns with my recurve. The very first stalk I was 27 yards from the ram I wanted to shoot. ANY rifle and it was over; no bow shot.

Your ideal sheep rifle depends on how many times you do it and what you want to accomplish; once you have 4 or 5 Grand Slams some guys tend to mix things up:

Think what you will, there are hundreds of "ideal" sheep rifles custom built every year and not a handful of those will be 6.5 Creedmore. I'm building a carbon stocked Blaser R8 right now in 264 Winchester. With my .243 barrel on it, the weight is 6.5 pounds. I expect the 264 will be close.

I'll reiterate my point one last time; Jason Hairston is a marketing genius. He is using the most popular rifle manufacturer of the masses in the most hipster caliber to bring his elite niche brand to a HUGE number of people who have never heard of KUIU. Just think about that KUIU rifle shown on the custom shop page of the Remington catalog or webpage. Brilliant!

KurtR

WKR
is it just hipster in the hunting world because on the tactical side of shooting it is kinda old news now? ruger with the rpr has introduced the creedmoor to more people than this ever will. Hell guys like Chad Dixon at LRI are making after market parts for the rpr as fast as he can to keep them in stock

16Bore

WKR
I don't think he's as much of a genius as his fan base are suckers. Kinda like rap music and parachute pants in the 80's.

Bullets and boots matter most....

I get a kick out of reading any post with kuiu in the header. Entertaining at times. I think I have all my problems figured out now that I realize I'm a sucker for actually liking Kuiu products. Just for the record...I would never spend that kind of money on a riflen when you could build the same gun for probably half the price...and if you like the kuiu stock color dipping will run roughly $100.00 bucks. I was thinking about dipping a rifle i recently put together in kuiu verde but then I'd probably be a double sucker fanboy.

Fire_9

WKR
First off, I don't need any lectures on doing things the "right" way. I spent a month on my own in Colorado hunting bighorns with my recurve. The very first stalk I was 27 yards from the ram I wanted to shoot. ANY rifle and it was over; no bow shot.

Your ideal sheep rifle depends on how many times you do it and what you want to accomplish; once you have 4 or 5 Grand Slams some guys tend to mix things up:

Think what you will, there are hundreds of "ideal" sheep rifles custom built every year and not a handful of those will be 6.5 Creedmore. I'm building a carbon stocked Blaser R8 right now in 264 Winchester. With my .243 barrel on it, the weight is 6.5 pounds. I expect the 264 will be close.

I'll reiterate my point one last time; Jason Hairston is a marketing genius. He is using the most popular rifle manufacturer of the masses in the most hipster caliber to bring his elite niche brand to a HUGE number of people who have never heard of KUIU. Just think about that KUIU rifle shown on the custom shop page of the Remington catalog or webpage. Brilliant!

Who is lecturing you on the 'right' way? Most of what we do is personal preference I am no way trying to change anyone's mind. What I am doing though is trying to wrap my head around why people dislike the cartridge so much, yet love others that are very similar. This isn't the only place I've read comments like this about the CM either. It's not going to kill an animal any deader than anything else but it's not going to kill it any less either. It serves a purpose and serves it well. Like I said, if you can't get it done with a CM, you're doing it wrong.

I can't believe you would post a picture of that 'fanboy'. He's just another sucker that has bought into that awesome kuiu marketing...

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
:D:rolleyes::D

I never ever noticed the camo. That is a hilarious coincidence...I saved that picture quite a while ago because I thought it was a great ram taken with a great rifle and great accomplishment. I've got another somewhere of a dude with a flintlock. And maybe that same guy with the same lever with his Stone...I'd love to have a picture of myself just like it.

This isn't about caliber or camo. This is another example of how shrewd Jason is. He could give two craps about what ANYONE thinks of him. He has made himself a public figure. Whether you love him or hate him, there is STRONG opinion of him...and BOTH sides talk, talk, talk about him. That gives his company HUGE free advertising and he laughs all the way to the bank.

I've not said one negative thing about anyone who would buy this rifle. Good for them and good for Kuiu and Remington. I and 99% of the guys that have sheep hunted in the history of man would go with a different caliber. And I'm not saying it is a BAD caliber either! It's a .260 Remington...stylized...how many guys you ever hear building a .260 Rem as their IDEAL sheep rifle?

EastMT

WKR
Soooo Remington Model 7 in 260 is $600, Kuiu camo 15 oz lighter in CM is $5200 higher?

So $5200 in 20's is probably about a pound. Look at that, another pound shaved off by Kuiu!

For the record I love my attack pants and the vias pattern.

Rolando

FNG
Soooo Remington Model 7 in 260 is $600, Kuiu camo 15 oz lighter in CM is $5200 higher?

So $5200 in 20's is probably about a pound. Look at that, another pound shaved off by Kuiu!

For the record I love my attack pants and the vias pattern.
Never mind the bedded and trued titanium action, fluted bolt with custom knob, carbon fiber manners and a proof barrel. Basically the same as a model 7 though.

EastMT

WKR
08a59d61f7dedff0a3f23e9971fb8535.jpg

5 shots Off sand bag with a box of ammo as a rear rest (slide it up or down the stock till perfect) , on a custom made target.

Shoots 110, 125, 150 at about 1.5". 180 gr 3 shot about 1/2".

HS stock, old style factory trigger adjusted to 2 lbs, unbedded, Factory bolt, factory action, factory barrel, untrued face, not frozen, unfluted, used Vx2 with dings all over, misshapen partition tips handloaded, base/rings don't match barrel, no round count, no blue prints, nothing but a bore snake through it in 10 years, scratched and rock dinged from bow to stern.

Gun 500 with rings, scope 100, stock 250. Hasn't missed an animal by me yet. Last year when my buddies new vx3 failed he missed a caribou first shot with it but had never fired it, that happens. I wouldn't trade straight across for one.

I can do 2 sheep drop hunts anywhere in the state for $6000.

With four in the magazine
3d0617266f26ca800885738b378f39ba.jpg

7ec8f9597bda575fbfbc077aaa8b6161.jpg

16Bore

WKR
Think "Bone Collector" and add an extra zero to the prices. Michael Waddel is to bubbas what Jason is to the hipsters...

Hipster...I like the sound of that....although I must admit I had to look it up in the urban dictionary. I was looking forward to going to work today with a new outlook, telling my coworkers...here I am guys, a hipster sucker fanboy who like me some kuiu gear (i was even debating wearing my peleton verde shorts but decided that was over the top) Imagine my surprise when, even though I wanted it bad, that there was nothing in the definition of hipster that matched me, well except one reference to fashion. I guess I can still be happy with being a sucker fanboy. New don't get your sitka undies in a bundle it's all in good fun.

Shrek

WKR
Just when I think Jason couldn't take douche bag to a higher level...could you imagine meeting the asswipe who shows up in head to toe Kuiu with a Kuiu pack and a Kuiu/Remlin rifle in 6.5 fanboy ??? I'd make damn sure I didn't camp anywhere near him and his Leakstar tent ! Wouldn't want have him show up soaking wet wanting join me in my Sawtooth.

KurtR

WKR
So i dont own any kuiu but i am wondering what if some one took there 300 oldnews and got it dipped in the kuiu pattern wore sitka clothes with first lite boxers a kryptek hat ran a kifaru frame with an exo bag and a seek out side shelter with scarpa boots and darn tough socks. what kinda fag hipster wanabe rating would they get?

Shrek

WKR
So i dont own any kuiu but i am wondering what if some one took there 300 oldnews and got it dipped in the kuiu pattern wore sitka clothes with first lite boxers a kryptek hat ran a kifaru frame with an exo bag and a seek out side shelter with scarpa boots and darn tough socks. what kinda fag hipster wanabe rating would they get?

I'd rate them as someone who knew what worked for them without pretentiousness or was scraping up the best he could with limited funds. Either way I'd give them respect until proven otherwise. They certainly wouldn't read as Jason/Ray Benson type douche bag.

GKPrice

Banned
Just when I think Jason couldn't take douche bag to a higher level...could you imagine meeting the asswipe who shows up in head to toe Kuiu with a Kuiu pack and a Kuiu/Remlin rifle in 6.5 fanboy ??? I'd make damn sure I didn't camp anywhere near him and his Leakstar tent ! Wouldn't want have him show up soaking wet wanting join me in my Sawtooth.

STOP ! You're scarin' me !!