New Peax sleeping bag

I'd have a lot less hate for these guys. If they weren't bashing their competition in their comments. I get talking your product up. But, to try and say the other made in the USA bags are worse and cost more. Is just a flat out lie!

lintond

WKR
I think you guys are being a little sensitive about it. It’s called marketing. It happens in every industry. MJ with shoes, Tiger with Nike golf, and pro athlete XYZ with Gatorade. The list goes on.

As a consumer it’s your choice to either follow the marketing or read between the lines and be skeptical. They aren’t making you buy their product, so at the end of the day it shouldn’t impact you personally.

If I was able to get paid to do what I love but I had to use an average product instead of spending my own money on top tier for that extra 10-15% performance I’d probably do it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcb2000

WKR

I think you guys are being a little sensitive about it. It’s called marketing. It happens in every industry. MJ with shoes, Tiger with Nike golf, and pro athlete XYZ with Gatorade. The list goes on.

As a consumer it’s your choice to either follow the marketing or read between the lines and be skeptical. They aren’t making you buy their product, so at the end of the day it shouldn’t impact you personally.

If I was able to get paid to do what I love but I had to use an average product instead of spending my own money on top tier for that extra 10-15% performance I’d probably do it as well.

I think the difference here is that it’s blatantly obvious when those guys are sponsored by someone, and the worst that could happen is you buy a golf ball or a sports drink that you don’t like.

I think what most have an issue with is when the lines are blurred and you can’t really tell is someone is giving an honest opinion on something. Even worse, if they are being disingenuous for the sake of profit, while selling a potentially life saving piece of gear like a sleeping bag.
Even more gross is Peax claiming that their product is superior to Western Mountaineering and Feathered Friends.

lintond

WKR
I think the difference here is that it’s blatantly obvious when those guys are sponsored by someone, and the worst that could happen is you buy a golf ball or a sports drink that you don’t like.

I think what most have an issue with is when the lines are blurred and you can’t really tell is someone is giving an honest opinion on something. Even worse, if they are being disingenuous for the sake of profit, while selling a potentially life saving piece of gear like a sleeping bag.
Even more gross is Peax claiming that their product is superior to Western Mountaineering and Feathered Friends.

Yeah I see the point there.

I guess for me as soon as the product launched I tuned out because I could tell the platform guys were on the payroll. That’s why on most things I dig thru numerous online reviews & forums. I’m usually not an early adopter either..except the RokStock

I’m happy with my WM bag and the Peax “features” don’t interest me so I didn’t pay much attention to their marketing.

gostovp

WKR
Funny enough he did the review on the Peax headlamp that people were claiming was just a rebranded $20 one from China.

He found that it in fact was similar, but definitely performed better than the cheaper one.

In that case you can say “yes you get more for your money”
The Mindful Hunter review on the headlamp comparing it to the Sofirn was good, but he admitted in the review some of the differences could have been due to the batteries each come with ( he didn’t repeat the test with swapping batteries) I have the Sofirn from Amazon and bought another battery for it from Fenix and the performance with the Fenix battery is better.