New Phone for Digiscoping

Slugz

WKR
I have a free upgrade coming. What say ye Rocksliders.

S23 Ultra or Iphone 14 Pro Max.

Looking for any real world input for the best one.

dwhicker

FNG
I have the 14 Pro max and it’s a phenomenal phone/camera. I just got the Ollin adapter as well. Should be taking it and the scope out soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uglymud

FNG
Classified Approved
Using the s22 ultra and the camera on it is impressive for all around use. Videos and pictures turn out pretty dang good through the ollin adapter.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

WBrim

WKR
I have the 14 pro max, and really like it. Got it mostly for the camera aspect, and am pleased this far. I would go that route again.

WBrim

WKR
non-pro iPhone 14, magview, been very happy.
My previous set was phone scope, but now I have the adapter with no case. I’m thinking now is the time to swap to a mag view, rather than buy new case for phone scope. Would you go magview again if starting fresh?

Curmudgeon

Lil-Rokslider
I switched to MagView last fall for my iPhone 14 and really like it. I found myself using my spotter less and binos more on two elk hunts.

OP
Slugz

Slugz

WKR
What about the better zoom available on the ultra? Anyone have any experience with that?
I'm not brand loyal to either.

Every store I've gone into and asked questions of the sales / tech guy has all said the same thing.

" Cameras you really cant tell a difference in most daily situations"
" The ultra though has an incredible zoom that sets it apart"

Id like to see " that zoom" while connected to the spotter.

Last edited:

crrakcrrak

Lil-Rokslider
My old Samsung S7 was great for digiscoping, but they quit doing updates. So I upgraded to a new Google Pixel 7 Pro. It is a great phone but horrible for digiscoping.
I called Phone Skope since I use their cases. They said the best new Android phone for Digiscoping is the Samsung S21 FE.
Mine is supposed to come in today and I am listening the Pixel 7 on eBay. I'll be waiting for the Phone Skope case and adapter to give it a go.