New SG bino harness is on the way ...

I hope they actually changed the pouch that holds the binos. If you have a longer bino when you open the lid the bino is easily able to fall forward and out of the pouch. The photos aren’t showing much for a changed pouch

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
That looks like an interesting option!

I have an OR Ascendant jacket, which is 90 GSM Alpha Direct with Pertex Quantum face fabric. It does really well, better than any other mid layer I've owned. I'd still like to see a hunting specific jacket made with no insulation on the back where a pack is worn, though.

The insulation there is minimal however and there is stretchy non insulated panels at the lower back and under arms. Not exactly like you want, but patterned better than the Ascendent or Ambient variants in my opinion.

In looking up the Dynafit, I found the OR Deviator hoodie. The full back panel and underarms is a thinner material, with insulation in the front, hood, shoulders and arms. In a video review, the back panel material looks like light passes through pretty easy, so should be pretty breathable. I'll likely pick one up, my back turns into a swamp hiking with a pack on.

OP
D

Dobermann

WKR
If SG are still on track for northern hemisphere Spring, we're only a couple of weeks away ... anyone heard anything?

I really like my SG harness. While hunting I carry smaller sized binos like 8x42, 10x32, etc. Bigger stuff is in the pack if needed. Chapstick in my pocket and all other gear in my pack. I don’t even carry a lens cloth. I don’t want a bunch of stuff on my chest.

aman

FNG
i have the original SG bino harness and for some reason I start getting neck pain after hiking with it after a few hours. anyone experience something like this?

i'm hoping the new one with additional padding helps

i have the original SG bino harness and for some reason I start getting neck pain after hiking with it after a few hours. anyone experience something like this?

Never wore mine long enough to get neck pain because I just wasn't a fan of the straps. I am a SG fanboy but did not like the harness. I am excited to try the new one.

Yeah, it was uncomfortable on me as well, I could feel the weight of the binos more with it.

I’m hoping that I like the new one, because there were things I really liked about it too. Didn’t like the clips on the front of the shoulder straps either, but like Form suggested, I’ll just tape them… easy fix and that quirk will be a non issue

They are a solid company, and I assume the new one will be better for me. If it’s comfortable, which I assume it will be, I will really like it

I’m hoping it’s the one, because I’m sick of buying more harnesses. I have a couple now that I like, but not enough to be content with them, and I feel like someone id going to nail it on a bino harness…. I’m hoping it’s this one

When the gen 1 came out, before using it, I thought it was going to be perfect, now they have tweeked the design and I’m confident it will be what I thought the gen 1 was going to be

valtteri

FNG
Haha!

I recently bought the Gen 1 harness and the 1" webbing straps were very uncomfortable for me. So just today I sewed up a more comfortable harness. I have to say it turned out way better than I was expecting, feels very good as it really contours to my neck!

Will be interesting to see how the new SG harness is like
Screenshot-2024-03-13-at-17.25.33.jpg

ljalberta

WKR
Harness looks good. I’ll likely try one. That being said, I like my harness up on my chest, hopefully they can lock in there. The picture in the magazine has it riding quite low on the right side image.

aman

FNG
Looks like current accessories won't be compatible with the new one?

Also did @Formidilosus play a role in the new design? That has me intrigued.