New SG bino harness is on the way ...

OP
D

Dobermann

WKR
He answered this in his gear list if you check that post out.
Thanks.

Here's the answer for those others who were wondering:

Bino LRF and Bino pouch:

View attachment 675723

Binos are Revic BLR10b laser RF. Bino pouch is a modified Stone Glacier with attached mag and weather meter pouch and GP pouch. As you wear it looking down, and the right side is the GP pouch. It holds a spare round, lighters, fire starting kit, water purification tabs, knife sharpener, spare batteries, headlamp, signal mirror, and lens pen. Also in the pouch is an “emergency bag” which is only opened in a true emergency. Between the GP pouch and main bino bag is a knife- in this case a CS Canadian Belt knife, and a InReach Mini. Then moving left, the main bino, behind it in the back pockets is a DA and quick mil card, and spare ear plugs, and under it is a TQ. Between Bino and mag carrier is chapstick. Finally all the way left is a spandex mag pouch and weather meter pouch.

Last edited:

alpine_troop

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like the Regular size will fit smaller frame rangefinding binos such as Vortex Fury/ Revic/ Sig, am I reading that correctly? And the large is for larger frame rangefinder binos such as Leicas? If anyone can confirm, I appreciate it.

atmat

WKR
Looks like the Regular size will fit smaller frame rangefinding binos such as Vortex Fury/ Revic/ Sig, am I reading that correctly? And the large is for larger frame rangefinder binos such as Leicas? If anyone can confirm, I appreciate it.
I emailed them about Revics and they said to go with Large.

That’s also what @Formidilosus is using for his Revics.

ljalberta

WKR
I’ve been messing around with mine pre bear hunting. I didn’t like the original at all because of the harness, but this new one locks in solid. We’ll see how I really like it after some field time, but comfort wise and the ability to lock in and not slouch and pull on the neck - huge improvement.

I have the RF pouch and large pocket setup right now, but I might just move an alternate large pocket to my pack shoulder strap. We’ll see.

With a regular size, I can fit SLC 10x42 and HG 8x30 easily. For the rangefinder pocket, it’s pretty tight on my old Nikon RF. I was thinking of trying a Revic BR4, but I’m not sure it will fit there. Have anyone tried with the BR4 yet?

Props to the SG crew though for making big improvements already.

SloppyJ

WKR
Where did everyone land on these? Needing a new harness without a magnet and these look interesting. Not sure how I feel about all of the velcro and busting through stuff, at least here in the south. Would like something compact enough that shooting a bow is second nature. I'm thinking these might be a bit bulky from what I've seen. Only looking for the bino pouch and one other pouch.