New SG bino harness is on the way ...

OP
D

Dobermann

WKR
He answered this in his gear list if you check that post out.
Thanks.

Here's the answer for those others who were wondering:

Bino LRF and Bino pouch:

View attachment 675723

Binos are Revic BLR10b laser RF. Bino pouch is a modified Stone Glacier with attached mag and weather meter pouch and GP pouch. As you wear it looking down, and the right side is the GP pouch. It holds a spare round, lighters, fire starting kit, water purification tabs, knife sharpener, spare batteries, headlamp, signal mirror, and lens pen. Also in the pouch is an “emergency bag” which is only opened in a true emergency. Between the GP pouch and main bino bag is a knife- in this case a CS Canadian Belt knife, and a InReach Mini. Then moving left, the main bino, behind it in the back pockets is a DA and quick mil card, and spare ear plugs, and under it is a TQ. Between Bino and mag carrier is chapstick. Finally all the way left is a spandex mag pouch and weather meter pouch.

Last edited:

alpine_troop

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like the Regular size will fit smaller frame rangefinding binos such as Vortex Fury/ Revic/ Sig, am I reading that correctly? And the large is for larger frame rangefinder binos such as Leicas? If anyone can confirm, I appreciate it.

atmat

WKR
Looks like the Regular size will fit smaller frame rangefinding binos such as Vortex Fury/ Revic/ Sig, am I reading that correctly? And the large is for larger frame rangefinder binos such as Leicas? If anyone can confirm, I appreciate it.
I emailed them about Revics and they said to go with Large.

That’s also what @Formidilosus is using for his Revics.

ljalberta

WKR
I’ve been messing around with mine pre bear hunting. I didn’t like the original at all because of the harness, but this new one locks in solid. We’ll see how I really like it after some field time, but comfort wise and the ability to lock in and not slouch and pull on the neck - huge improvement.

I have the RF pouch and large pocket setup right now, but I might just move an alternate large pocket to my pack shoulder strap. We’ll see.

With a regular size, I can fit SLC 10x42 and HG 8x30 easily. For the rangefinder pocket, it’s pretty tight on my old Nikon RF. I was thinking of trying a Revic BR4, but I’m not sure it will fit there. Have anyone tried with the BR4 yet?

Props to the SG crew though for making big improvements already.

SloppyJ

WKR
Where did everyone land on these? Needing a new harness without a magnet and these look interesting. Not sure how I feel about all of the velcro and busting through stuff, at least here in the south. Would like something compact enough that shooting a bow is second nature. I'm thinking these might be a bit bulky from what I've seen. Only looking for the bino pouch and one other pouch.

I’ve been messing around with mine pre bear hunting. I didn’t like the original at all because of the harness, but this new one locks in solid. We’ll see how I really like it after some field time, but comfort wise and the ability to lock in and not slouch and pull on the neck - huge improvement.

I have the RF pouch and large pocket setup right now, but I might just move an alternate large pocket to my pack shoulder strap. We’ll see.

With a regular size, I can fit SLC 10x42 and HG 8x30 easily. For the rangefinder pocket, it’s pretty tight on my old Nikon RF. I was thinking of trying a Revic BR4, but I’m not sure it will fit there. Have anyone tried with the BR4 yet?

Props to the SG crew though for making big improvements already.
That’s good news, I am going to quit tire kicking on it and order one right now

Sounds like we didn’t like the gen 1 for the same reasons… I liked a lot about it, but comfort was bottom of the pack.

TXCO

WKR
That was my take as well, and the reason I'm not going with the SG - even though I like it.

Ive never had an issue with side pockets or anything drawing a bow. This one seems even more stable though I still cant stand the velcro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive never had an issue with side pockets or anything drawing a bow. This one seems even more stable though I still cant stand the velcro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think they mean in the context of drawing a pistol from a holster underneath the harness. I had a similar concern so would love to hear from someone that gets one that has a chest holster

And

This goes for any bino harness.

It’s about a “system” and how that system works in aiding the shot process. Using a sub par gear item because your “clothes” is not an optimum way to view this- “Gear fits around how you shoot, you do not shoot around your gear”.
The thought process here isn’t about a bino pouch, it’s about what someone needs for the best performance. This is what someone needs one their body, that doesn’t get left behind ever. Despite what every person who swears to me that they never drop their pack or leave it behind for “just a short stalk”, I have watched all of them- including myself- at some point have to walk back a ways to get their pack.

9). Potentially a pistol

7). Have a means for carrying a pistol is required.
How are guys carrying a pistol with this and/or do you know if a kenai chest holster would work?

I prefer the Kenai for when I’ve killed and my binos are in my pack, butchering an animal, etc etc.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
How are guys carrying a pistol with this and/or do you know if a kenai chest holster would work?

I prefer the Kenai for when I’ve killed and my binos are in my pack, butchering an animal, etc etc.

A Kenai can work with it.

Also-
IMG_9093.jpeg

But, pistol carry with a bino pack and backpack is still not optimized. The answer is having it mounted to the wings on the right side in a holster that can be taken off, but I haven’t done that with this SG as I require the general purpose pouch.

A Kenai can work with it.

Also-
View attachment 721239

But, pistol carry with a bino pack and backpack is still not optimized. The answer is having it mounted to the wings on the right side in a holster that can be taken off, but I haven’t done that with this SG as I require the general purpose pouch.
Good info, thanks form. I don’t always carry a pistol so the ability to take it on/off is a high priority.

I think I’ll go ahead and pull the trigger on one and be the guinea pig for the Kenai that a few other guys are wondering about too.

Not sure whether to thank you or curse you, now that I think about it. Ha!

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Good info, thanks form. I don’t always carry a pistol so the ability to take it on/off is a high priority.

I think I’ll go ahead and pull the trigger on one and be the guinea pig for the Kenai that a few other guys are wondering about too.

Not sure whether to thank you or curse you, now that I think about it. Ha!

Haha. I’ll be looking for your thoughts on it.