New to kifaru

Huntnfmly

Lil-Rokslider
Picked up a duplex Hunter frame and emr2 bag.
To those of you who have used kifaru for awhile you will understand how I feel.
Wholly moly these Packs are nice😆

Jaysop

Lil-Rokslider
What sucks about kifaru packs is that they other packs don't really compare to thier overall build quality and overall bomb proof feel.
I've been looking at other packs like osprey for backpacking and just can't get past how flimsy they feel in comparison. It's too bad Kifaru doesn't make a pack I could see myself using for lighter weight backpacking trips.

Clarktar

WKR
Wish they still had the KU line!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
Huntnfmly

Huntnfmly

Lil-Rokslider
I know it's going to be like putting a Mack truck body and frame on a lawn mower engine but I'll do my best to use it well lol

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
Kifaru never gets old. I'm travelling right now and have a Lost Park Parka waiting on me at the house. Very excited!

Paradactal

Lil-Rokslider
Picked up a duplex Hunter frame and emr2 bag.
To those of you who have used kifaru for awhile you will understand how I feel.
Wholly moly these Packs are nice😆

I know exactly how you feel!! I just got my hunter frame a few weeks ago, and good lord!! What was I ever waiting for??!! Super impressed with the work and attention to detail

OP
Huntnfmly

Huntnfmly

Lil-Rokslider
I've had a bag of dog food in my pack walking around and just put a coat in the bottom to raise the bag up.It really does make a huge difference having the weight up higher.This pack keeps getting better😆
I'm sure this is normal but it seriously felt like I took 10lbs out of the pack

I've got a duplex hunter frame being made for me as we speak, and I also have the emr2 bag w/the original duplex frame. The pack is awesome, there's really nothing it can't handle. One thing you might have to watch out for when going on multi-day trips is actually getting carried away and packing too much stuff because the space is there for sure.

Also, watch and rewatch from time to time the pack fit video on youtube; doing so helped me to recently correct a slight fit error that I'd fallen into after having had the pack for so long. It never hurts to give yourself a little refresher. I guess correct pack fitting is a somewhat perishable skill...except for Snyder and the kifaru crew :cool:

I have used multiple packs before I finally listened to my buddy whose been running kifaru for years. That's was three years ago and I will never turn back. Kifaru is hands down the best pack I have ever used. It meets all my needs and more. I am upgrading and changing out gear every year trying to find the best gear that I can depend on but my pack will not be changing. Next purchase will be a slick bag....

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I kinda feel your pain, I just got a 26" frame off another guy here. Still trying to figure out what bag to get.

I picked up the same thing last summer, wow!!! You don't have to worry about it falling apart like mass produced packs either. And the way it carries weight... You can hardly even feel loads under 50lb. It was worth selling the stuff I had to ti buy it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ahawk116

FNG
I just ordered the hunter frame and Reckoning pack last week. My first "real" pack. Can't wait to put some miles in it.

That is the exact setup I am looking at. Let me know how you like it, and congrats on a sweet pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pierrebuiltknives

Lil-Rokslider
Haha. Got my frame and drybag the other day. It was literally adjusted within a 1/2inch of my current bag out of the box. I am pretty impressed with 40lbs compared to my other bag. Going to sell it.
I took it on two 3-5mile hikes and it carries very well even compared to the high end pack it will be replacing.