New "to me" rifle

TSnave

FNG
Picked up a Remington 722 in 257 Roberts that has a busted stock. Should be a fun little project to bring back to life and perhaps chase some critters with. It'll be here on Thursday.

pix019684443.jpg

Figure I'll put the stock back together and reinforce it, hopefully there aren't too many missing chunks.

Picked up a Remington 722 in 257 Roberts that has a busted stock. Should be a fun little project to bring back to life and perhaps chase some critters with. It'll be here on Thursday.

pix019684443.jpg

Figure I'll put the stock back together and reinforce it, hopefully there aren't too many missing chunks.
I'm new to this forum and just saw your post. How did that repair work out?

Still sitting on the shelf; too many other project ahead of it.

When you get around to it, I've found that if you have all the pieces using Acraglas to glue the stock back together is one of the strongest methods.

I also like to drill two to three small holes from inside the action inletting into the grip and epoxy some pieces of carbon fiber arrow shaft in there to add even more strength and is almost completely invisible when you have the action installed.

I suck at taking pictures of my work, but if you want to see good examples of using this method head over to the high road forum and check out some of GunnyUSMC's posts in gunsmithing.

Got the Acraglas on hand, along with some threaded rod. Unfortunately, it's missing a chunk out of the far side that I'll have to do something with that's hopefully not too ugly.

Back