New vs old mathews

I'm still happily slumming an old Z9. Have heard the Switchbacks were very nice. I'd probably vote to buy one a few years old and setup.
If you ever want to let it go please pm me, I’ve been searching for one for years

My 2001 model Conquest had a pretty good season. 3 elk, 2 bears, a deer, and a blue grouse in a pear tree. One negative on all these new bows is the fact it's almost impossible to get a 65% letoff on most, if not all bows. The second being they're all very short which for me translates into a harsh draw experience. All the new bows feel like all the weight is in the first inch of the draw cycle.

IMO the biggest advancement on the V-series is the Switchweight mod system, which gives you a draw weight range of 50 to 75 lbs just by swapping mods (don't have to swap limbs). But if you already know what draw weight you want and are okay with ≈10 lbs of limb bolt adjustability, V-series Switchweight mods won't be any better for you than the mod system used on the Triax/Halon.
Interesting.. So without getting new limbs If I find a V3X 33 advertised as 70#, I just need swap mods to have a 55.lb bow with 31" draw???