New Year "New Season"

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cold, rain, and windy was today in a nutshell. We'll have to wait until daylight to finish this story.

fdb9c271906972878224d320705354bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
9ec4303598b98b2017b9e75c67b9450d.jpg

Not much service today. Headed back out now. Update coming tonight.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
62ca96f9a249e3af18dfd5f1a4c2adcb.jpg

I hate to post pictures without details, but for now this will cover it. Will try to get some more details out tomorrow with more time available hopefully. I did not see anything tonight. Cold, rainy, and windy all day.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
30 yard recovery on a bear is great. Super job Hunter and Les. I like the video update.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have great pre roll before the shot. Close to 10 minutes.

I'll try to get another video up in full screen tomorrow.

It was beautiful tonight. Cameras showed where we should have been last night.....we were there tonight but they never showed....

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like the looks of those Ironwill heads!

I agree. They live up to their look. Spin great, fly great, and they are rock solid. I'll try and do a video review of them here before my full blown write-up which is coming.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Manitoba Day 2

[video=youtube;p8bHmowS1Wg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8bHmowS1Wg[/video]

Tejasbow

FNG
I just opened this post up yesterday. I have been lazy getting started on the exercise routine this year as I was uncertain I would be able to get to the mountains this year with so much going on at home. IN the middle of building a new house. Wife insisted that we take the annual family camping trip in Central Colorado Near Buena and that I go in September as well. But I have known long enough just been lazy.

So meat and taters of it all I read some of this post yesterday and it got my but moving. Put in four miles with a light pack on. right at an hour. Think I will continue to improve this and get started on bleachers in 2 weeks. Also get started on some core workouts to get that back ready.

Thanks guys

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
So meat and taters of it all I read some of this post yesterday and it got my but moving. Put in four miles with a light pack on. right at an hour. Think I will continue to improve this and get started on bleachers in 2 weeks. Also get started on some core workouts to get that back ready.

Thanks guys

Way to get rolling. It's hard to slack off much if you follow Les!

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
I messed up last night, details to come tomorrow. We just crossed the border back into the states.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not sure what happened with the video update for night #2, so I'll type it out quick.

Bigger boars starting to show up with the sow's now. I should have hunted night #1 like we were planning. We changed at last minute as the cameras were slow there and went to a different bait. At 6:30 a nice 6.5+ foot boar showed up with a sow and was there for two hours. Of course I didn't see anything on Paddletrail where we switched.

I ended up sitting this bait last night but was a night late. Nothing showed and the bait was not hit when we checked on Wednesday morning.

Plan was made to head in a couple miles farther and hunt a bait called Indian Trail #2. It has showed fair activity and the wind would be good for night #3 there.