Newbie looking for a start

Tpmahler1

FNG
I’m looking for a decently priced camera that is durable and battery lasts to take trophy/ harvest pics with in the backcountry. Don’t want to lug a whole bunch of batteries and stuff but maybe som cool mountain shots and trophy pics. Thanks

Good morning. There are a few good options
Best to call me and discuss the options. You can go point and shoot or interchangeable lens. Sounds to me the first option would suit you best. The Olympus Tough TG6 is a great option. Can drop it, drown it and use in frigid weather with no issues.

Give me a call when you have a minute to discuss

Joel
516-217-1000

willd

FNG
If you're going the DSLR route, I'd recommend getting a used Canon 6D or 7D. Can find them on eBay for reasonable prices and they were advanced cameras for their time.

Point & shoot isn't even worth pursuing nowadays, phone camera's are too good.

Yon181

FNG
As far as packing in, I’ve been a fan of the Sony crop sensor cameras (a6xxx). Very lightweight and take great pictures. Battery life is ok, but spares for those cam’s are small so it’s easy to pack in 2-3 extra for a minimal weight penalty.

idcuda

WKR
As far as packing in, I’ve been a fan of the Sony crop sensor cameras (a6xxx). Very lightweight and take great pictures. Battery life is ok, but spares for those cam’s are small so it’s easy to pack in 2-3 extra for a minimal weight penalty.
Agree. Slap an 18-135 on it and go.