Newbie wanting best info in getting a goat tag.

I'm 24 and been hunting/fishing all my life, but just recently got bit by the out west style hunting. I have always wanted to take a goat, I guess more than any other big game, that being said what and where so I need to start applying? I'm not into guided hunts I love the whole DIY deal, we did mule deer and elk last year DIY. Was successful on the mule deer and had not been many rookie mistakes we would have smoked a large bull. Anyway I figured I needed to get started now at applying for tags and whatnot, just wondering what states are the best to apply in and how do I do it?

Thanks,
Kyle

weaver

WKR
If you're really set on hunting mt goats some day then save your money for a hunt in Alaska or British Columbia. Its possible to draw a tag in the lower 48 but nothing to bank on.

I agree with weaver, bank your money and save up for a hunt rather than trying to draw a tag, odds as a non resident are slim anywhere and the chances of drawing a tag could be years down the road. But there's always a chance you may not either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westside elkhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I would second what weaver said. Start saving money now. Set aside some money each month an after a few years or so. Start looking at goats hunts. And also second what adventure907 said

TreeWalking

Lil-Rokslider
Are you in a position to move to Alaska for a few years? No spouse? No kids? Go for it. As a resident, you could hunt moose, Dall sheep, goats, Sitka deer, caribou, brown bear, etc one or more times. Think of it as a 5-10 year plan. Build points down in the Lower 48 while in Alaska then return and chase elk, mule deer and pronghorn every year.

Go to British Columbia. Save money each month and just go do it. I booked my goat hunt at 24 and will be going next year at 27. Book the hunt and give yourself a few years to save up besides the deposit. I'm going with Beaverfoot outfitters in SE BC. No bush flight required so some money is saved there. I also have a hunt to kodia booked the following year and will draw a bear tag in wi then also. Save money any way you can and make ur dream hunt possible!