Nightforce Hunting Scope

What would you all recommend for a hunting scope from Nightforce that also will serve well as a scope for recreational shooting out to 600 yards?

How does NF glass compare to Leupold at low light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both the NXS and SHV line of scopes. Either would be great for hunting. Both heavy, but you never mentioned that as a concern. As far as quality in low light, well NF is an awesome scope with great glass in the NXS line. The SHV has not given me any concerns either.

For hunting and recreational shooting to 600 I’d run a SHV 3-10 if budget allows the NXS 2.5-10 is awesome also. Both come in a few different reticles also.

OP
General RE LEE
I have both the NXS and SHV line of scopes. Either would be great for hunting. Both heavy, but you never mentioned that as a concern. As far as quality in low light, well NF is an awesome scope with great glass in the NXS line. The SHV has not given me any concerns either.

The 3-10 SHV is just a tad heavier than my Leupold VX5HD. I don’t want a heavy scope. Also I don’t care for that busy MOA reticle. I just want a duplex and the options are limited with the plain duplex.

SHV 3-10 with Force plex. I’d glady carry a few extra ounces for reliable RTZ and tracking if your gonna be dialing much.

mt100gr.

WKR
Another vote for the 3-10 SHV. Great little scope for the money and weight. SHV glass has never left me wanting.

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
The 3-10 SHV is just a tad heavier than my Leupold VX5HD. I don’t want a heavy scope. Also I don’t care for that busy MOA reticle. I just want a duplex and the options are limited with the plain duplex.

The SHV 3-10x42 also has the Forceplex reticle which is basically a duplex.

You‘re not going to get much lighter with any NF scope.
the NXS 2.5-10x32 is about 19 oz
the NXS 2.5-10x42 is just under 21 oz.

How much lighter do you need to be?

I'm currently in the market for a new scope and have been looking at Leupolds, and the SHV line at Nightforce. I've struggled to find a bad review about the SHV scopes. Seems like an extremely reliable scope that tracks well and has great glass. I'm planning on purchasing one this weekend for a new rifle.

I'm currently in the market for a new scope and have been looking at Leupolds, and the SHV line at Nightforce. I've struggled to find a bad review about the SHV scopes. Seems like an extremely reliable scope that tracks well and has great glass. I'm planning on purchasing one this weekend for a new rifle.
Yeah too bad it doesn’t have turrets made for dialing.

What I seen available in the SHV 3-10 is capped elevation, not available in zerostop. Maybe I read it wrong. I’ve been looking at it hard, but want a turret made for dialing.

I've been looking at the 5-20x56's, and the elevation turrets are open on the newer models, windage turrets are still capped. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to make a custom turret for it. It also has Zeroset. I played around with it at my local Scheels. Seems like a very nice scope for the money.

I've been looking at the 5-20x56's, and the elevation turrets are open on the newer models, windage turrets are still capped. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to make a custom turret for it. It also has Zeroset. I played around with it at my local Scheels. Seems like a very nice scope for the money.

I wish the 3-10 was like that, I don’t believe it is, unless they changed it recently.

LaHunter

WKR
The 5-20X56 SHV has an exposed elevation turret. The 4-14 ffp SHV also has an exposed elevation turret. Both have a 'Zero Set' feature.

I wish the 3-10 was like that, I don’t believe it is, unless they changed it recently.

I haven't looked at the 3-10. My only complaint about the scope would be the smaller turrets. (10 MOA per revolution) Could be a little more clustered if you're after a custom turret.