No more Kuiu kids clothing?

rcb2000

WKR
Went to look at stuff for my boy, didn’t see anything other than hoodies.

Guess that leaves stuff from Cabela’s or Rei.

Anybody have any other recommendations?

Scottyboy

WKR
I guess this explains the big sale they had on youth stuff not too long ago, glad I didn’t listen to my wife and grabbed a bunch of stuff for the kids. Looks like a re-launch next year..? I’m going to be at scheels and cabelas this weekend and will report back if they have anything to offer.

We found all we needed for my kids’ December elk hunt at Costco. Most items were $15-20 each for stuff that worked great. I think we got them merino wool long johns, polyester trousers, and fleece mid layers. I always get puffies at the annual marmot sale.

Mike 338

WKR
Well, you could just buy your normal size and it'll probably be perfect for a kid. KUIU stuff seems to run a couple sizes too small.

My son has some pants and a coat from “catch and release”. Got them used so I’m not sure what kind of price they are new. They seem decent quality.

I think midway has some youth sizes.

As the kids get a little bigger I’ve had luck with women’s clothes in small sizes as well, my oldest son had a pair of women’s camo bibs that he wore for several years.

cams

FNG
Bought a few pieces during the youth sale. The kenai type jacket was nice. Reversible also.

spdrman

WKR
Pull the women's tags off before your boy see's them and you can usually get the womens stuff smaller than the smallest men's sizes, my boys are 10 and 12 and are in that hard age of finding good stuff that fits as well.

My boys wear gaiters 90% of the time, if the pants are a little too long the gaiters help keep them from stepping on the excess pants and helps with overall wear and tear in general, Kryptek petra gaiters has multiple sizes and the small fit my boys well, only complaint is I wish they had solid color options. The frist lite traverse gaiter isnt a bad option either in the S/M just feel the petra will hold up better over time and covers basically up to their knees which really extends the life of the pants.

I bought them these waterproof/windproof/insulated pants in the smallest size they offer and have been impressed with how well they hold up for the price, the army green color blends well with their camo pieces they have.

Here's my 10 yr old with his buck wearing those pants, don't have any field photos of them on because it was colder that day so he had extra layers on, you can see they are a little long but not bad. Gaiters make it a non issue for sure

image_50407169.JPG

CMF

WKR
Kuiu definitely runs small. Depending on the kids size, their small would probably fit most kids down to 9 or 10.

OP
rcb2000

rcb2000

WKR
Pull the women's tags off before your boy see's them and you can usually get the womens stuff smaller than the smallest men's sizes, my boys are 10 and 12 and are in that hard age of finding good stuff that fits as well.

My boys wear gaiters 90% of the time, if the pants are a little too long the gaiters help keep them from stepping on the excess pants and helps with overall wear and tear in general, Kryptek petra gaiters has multiple sizes and the small fit my boys well, only complaint is I wish they had solid color options. The frist lite traverse gaiter isnt a bad option either in the S/M just feel the petra will hold up better over time and covers basically up to their knees which really extends the life of the pants.

I bought them these waterproof/windproof/insulated pants in the smallest size they offer and have been impressed with how well they hold up for the price, the army green color blends well with their camo pieces they have.

Here's my 10 yr old with his buck wearing those pants, don't have any field photos of them on because it was colder that day so he had extra layers on, you can see they are a little long but not bad. Gaiters make it a non issue for sure

View attachment 675729
Thanks so much, appreciate the advice